Is there a way to make and validate changes to the mod's XML files?

Edward2017

Chieftain
Good morning, everyone and thank you for an amazing mod.

I am not a modder myself, so my question might be a bit simple. I am trying to increase the ithreshold in Civ4Culturelevelinfo, so the cities don't expand so fast and gobble up the map. The problem is that the game refuses to load new XML file with the modifications, it gives an error at line 1,1 which I assume is the very beginning of the document, the line <?xml version="1.0"?> which I never touched at all.
Also, when I try to validate my changes it gives me an error at line 7, <Civ4CultureLevelInfo xmlns="x-schema:CIV4GameInfoSchema.xml">, but this same error exists in the original mod file and it seems to cause no problems when loading the original.
A similar issue appears when I try to give a civilization trait to another one, to create someone who can stand up to the English:).

Have a beautiful weekend!
Edward.

It should work based on what you wrote, meaning you obviously did something else. You should be careful not to change anything other than what you intend to change. Also the file encoding should stay the same. Maybe use notepad++ as that application supports lots of different encodings and will usually keep the same out of the box.
You can also copy paste precisely what you changed. That way the rest of us will have a clue to what you did.

Thank you for your reply and advice. It does work with Notepad++, I was using the XML Copy Editor and this seems to have been the issue.

Have a beautiful, relaxing weekend and good health!

Top Bottom