Is there a way to play scenarios on random maps?

MilanGM

Chieftain
Me and my friends are (still) playing Civ2 in multi. but we would like to try to play the game starting with more techs, just to speed up the game.

I suppose that we have to make scenario for that? Or we can somehow set starting techs?

If we have to do it by scenario, is there any way we can start new games on random maps each time?

Scenario means a specific map, civs setup, techs, units etc.
If you want random maps with extra starting techs, every time you generate a new map, you will have to make it into a scenario then manually add desired techs every time.

Yea, i was afraid that it would be so... Thanks for your answer.

As an alternative, i figured out that we can just alter the game files (to avoid making scenarios) and set low prerequisites for some units, buildings and wonders. It seams that changing the original game files is the only way of getting random maps to play on.

Well, you could start an accelerated game on a random map and save as scenario. That would let you (and opponents) start with let's say something about three cities. And you could definitely manipulate the events.txt file to get access to the tech levels (and previous ones) you like to start with.

Therefore:
1. Edit the event.txt file to get the techs you like.
2. Start accelerated game on a random map
3. Save the started game as scenario.
4. Play that one.

You can start a new game quickly whenever you like, just keep your events-file

Top Bottom