1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Is there a way...

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Technical Support' started by LAnkou, Nov 9, 2005.

1. LAnkou

LAnkou Breizh A Tao

to know how many "card" of RAM i have and i use without opening my laptop?

i mean, i have 512M of RAM, but is it 2*256 or 1*512?

2. Hardin

Hardin Chieftain

3. LAnkou

LAnkou Breizh A Tao

thanks, i know that i have 2*256 DDR-SDRAM

is it possible to change RAM on a laptop? I believe yes, and is DDR-SDRAM a ggod one (when i will buy a new PC, will it be this kind of RAM?)
    how do i know the format? (Dimm, so-dimm) and the norm (PC2700 ont he current one)?

4. Old Dood

Old Dood Chieftain

When you buy a new PC I hope it will be DDR2 type ram. (Newer) The ram you have now is older. Nothing wrong with it. Just older.

As for your laptop....I always suggest crucial.com. They have a computer scanner to "see" what youhave and how many slots. On a laptop I am sure you only have two slots. You can then price out how much 2X512Mb sticks will cost you for an upgrade of ram. Most older laptops will only handle 1Gb of ram at the most.