1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

is there a working map editor right now?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Creation & Customization' started by MentalMike, Nov 19, 2016.

1. MentalMike

MentalMike Chieftain

i want to import my save to a map editor and change the terrain, resources and stuff. is this possible to do right now

Last edited: Nov 19, 2016
  2. Whale Cancer

Whale Cancer Chieftain

There is an ingame worldbuilder with instructions on how it can be accessed (as well as a link to a mod that does this in the second post) here: (I can't seem to post a link as it flags it as spam, but it is a thread called "how to launch the ingame world builder")

I can't seem to find a way to save maps made in this editor nor do I seem to be able to edit cliff edges and rivers. Really hoping I am just not seeing where those options are.

tldr: not really, but sorta.

3. LeeS

LeeS Imperator

Rivers and cliffs are on the "place" tab of the menu in the lower right corner rather than in the "plot" tab.

In order to access the save menu, hit ESC. This brings up a menu that still at the moment uses the "save game" descriptions but it actually saves the map. It also has the options to exit to main menu or exit to desktop, for example.

The current version of the WorldBuilder is a bit WIP at the moment. So far as I know all you can do is create and edit maps to play on. I didn't think there was an option to save just the map from a game in progress.

Whale Cancer likes this.
  4. Whale Cancer

Whale Cancer Chieftain

Thanks for the info, very helpful!

5. Thorburne

Thorburne Centurion

I am really hoping for an external editor. I hated having to load up a game in Civ IV then switching to the editor. I'd have to leave it in the editor for days while I worked on the maps. If I tried saving and exiting, it would screw things up...

6. LeeS

LeeS Imperator

Currently the WorldBuilder is "external" in that you cannot go from an active game and open the WorldBuilder for that active game/map.

You get into the WorldBuilder through the "Additional Content" selection in the main menu, and once you are in WorldBuilder mode you select to load an existing map or create a new one. There is no option to load a saved game as a map into Worldbuilder. Everything being done with the map is "pre-game", as it was in Civ5 & Civ3. You create a map to play on, and then you select that premade map when you start a new game.

7. Thorburne

Thorburne Centurion

I don't see an option for world builder in the Additional Content section

EDIT: Nevermind I found the thread that describes how to open it...
    How to launch the In-Game World Builder

I have to say, I REALLY hope for an official external editor real soon. Working with the included builder is a real pain from just a couple minutes toying with it...

Last edited: Nov 21, 2016
  8. FFBezel

FFBezel Chieftain

OK. So I did exactly how you said, was even able to enable TZ in additional content area, but when I go to select in the Ruleset I get nothing but the generic loads.

I think it might be because I didn't copy the files correctly? Especially the first one, I copied from where you said but had to use text editor to edit it. Idk if that screwed something up. I named map TZ.