Is there always a winner

I've never seen that happen, so I guess it's safe to assume. Somebody will have at least 1 hp remaining.

re: Is There Always A Winner?

I've seen double knock-outs in action games like Mortal Kombat and MARVEL vs. CAPCOM.

There is even a such thing as a stalemate in a strategy game like Chess.

---but in Sid Meier's Civilization series...? It's safe to assume that there are no known draws, or stalemates...
Either the player wins or not.

I believe the attacker deals damage first, so yes there is always a winner.*

*But, I haven’t had tested it thoroughly

re: Is There Always A Winner?

I've seen double knock-outs in action games like Mortal Kombat and MARVEL vs. CAPCOM.

There is even a such thing as a stalemate in a strategy game like Chess.

---but in Sid Meier's Civilization series...? It's safe to assume that there are no known draws, or stalemates...
Either the player wins or not.

Double downs were allowed between land units in civ 4 when modded. Even when not, missiles were destroyed on use but could kill. Nukes retain that legacy.

Stalemates are also common in civ 5 and 6 if both units have good health. I've never seen an actual stalemate at low health, however.

Reactions: HEF
I think there is always a winner, I have never seen both killed. However, the winner might not be the one you thought would win. I have seen several attacks where my unit showed combat should result in a decisive victory only to see the unit killed.
As an aside, did you finally get a new hard drive Victoria?

I think there is always a winner, I have never seen both killed. However, the winner might not be the one you thought would win. I have seen several attacks where my unit showed combat should result in a decisive victory only to see the unit killed.
As an aside, did you finally get a new hard drive Victoria?

Combat predictions (wording, not what it shows in terms of HP bars) are a bit broken. I think they only worked correctly in one of the previous patches (probably Australia), but now the words will only be adequate when both units are healthy.

Double downs were allowed between land units in civ 4 when modded. Even when not, missiles were destroyed on use but could kill. Nukes retain that legacy.

Stalemates are also common in civ 5 and 6 if both units have good health. I've never seen an actual stalemate at low health, however.

Yes, you're quite right...

I've seen Combat Predictions between two units in Sid Meier's Civilization V: Brave New World that would indicate a 'Stalemate'.

Actually, I was thinking of Victory Conditions earlier mistakenly misunderstanding the question.
I'm in a celebratory mood today which is why I'm distracted in the online forums.
:cheers:

I think that in a tie, the strongest unit wins. I attacked a unit that was more advanced than mine where both should die, my unit died. I attacked again with another unit, my unit died again. There's probably a rule for when they have the same strength (attacker always win, maybe?)..

On a 0HP vs 0HP tie, attacker always wins I believe. I think someone investigated in Civ5; the context was that a stack of stealth bombers +1 lancer was all you ever needed in the late game.

There is a global parameter that sets the minimum damage of a battle to 1hp. I’d be interested to see the results of a 1hp vs 1hp melee battle.

I have seen a double defeat once when I was attacking a weak unit with a stronger badly damaged unit. It may have been 1hp vs 1 hp. I was really chocked because I did not imagine this could happen.

I have seen a double defeat once when I was attacking a weak unit with a stronger badly damaged unit. It may have been 1hp vs 1 hp. I was really chocked because I did not imagine this could happen.
Wow... ok, I'll see if I can get 1hp on units in firetuner

From my experience, there is always a winner and tie always goes to attacker. I have done some tests and rigged games to figure it out.

Top Bottom