1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Is there any American female leader that wouldn't feel ridiculous?

Discussion in 'Civ - Ideas & Suggestions' started by Krajzen, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Krajzen

Krajzen Warlord

As title says. I tried to invent female rulers for main civs and I mostly succeed - in most cases even if there was no decent independent female ruler, there was a regular queen or national hero feeling good enough to be a leader. But in America's case I feel completely lost.

Anybody has any idea?

2. JJOne

JJOne Chieftain

Easy. Kim Kardashian.

3. awesome

awesome Meme Lord

This list is probably as close as you can get to not being ridiculous.

4. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Warlord

I would argue that Abigail Adams is the best option with Dolley Madison being second and that's about as far as I would go.

5. awesome

awesome Meme Lord

Maybe Rebecca Latimer Felton, the first woman Senator? But that would still feel weird, because she actually served as Senator for like a day.

6. PhoenicianGold

PhoenicianGold Chieftain

We need an aethnic mush of unparalleled hotness to represent America's diversity and sex appeal.

We need a timeless fixture who has been around for most of America's existence and who embodies the American spirit of reinvention.

We need a HBIC who is the voice of the people and who already owns 51% of this company.

We need Cher.

7. Lord Lakely

Lord Lakely Unintentionally a feminist.

Some civil rights leader who actually had a massive impact on American Politics could serve? Lucy Stone, Sojourner Truth or Susan B. Anthony, perhaps?

Personally I wouldn't go there though. If the shoe don't fit, don't wear it.

Uberfrog likes this.
  8. pgm123

pgm123 Warlord

That's what I was going to say. Eleanor Roosevelt as UN Ambassador has a small case. Edith Wilson took on the role of Presidential "steward," but that was a brief period of time with historians questioning how much influence she had beyond the role of Chief of Staff.

9. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Warlord

That's probably why she was chosen as a leader in Civ 2 though she was far from the worst.

10. PhoenicianGold

PhoenicianGold Chieftain

I hate to say it but had Hillary been elected she would have been the clear frontrunner. Not because she was the first woman or current prez, but because she had also spent 8 years as first lady and another 4 as secretary of state. That's more years in power than most presidents get, and all before she even (almost) took the presidency.

The only two women who come close to that unfortunately don't compare. We've never had a female VP. The only other secretary Allbright was never first lady so was never a "queen consort" figurehead. And although Nancy Pelosi is the only woman to hold Speaker of the House, that's not really what we think of as leader material. We've never had a female Senate majority leader.

America...kind of sucks. As in prefers sucking the ****s of old men more than any modern nation this side of totalitarianism.