Is there any easy way to add mines?

Khoukharev

Chieftain
See title.
I guess it could be made as an improvement by worker/workboat. This improvement would cause permanent damage for enemies until they pillage it. What do you think?
It is possible to add such an improvement and teach AI to use it? Is it easy (as I know nothing about modding)?

See title.
I guess it could be made as an improvement by worker/workboat. This improvement would cause permanent damage for enemies until they pillage it. What do you think?
It is possible to add such an improvement and teach AI to use it? Is it easy (as I know nothing about modding)?

There are mods which add mines and mine laying units. The main problem is getting the AI to use them correctly, and I think that is why they did not get included here. The big problem was mines should not move so how do you get them out of the city you built them in? The AI just doesn't do land transport.

Your suggestion may be a better solution to the problem since we already have access to a terrain feature "reefs" which cause damage to units entering them. There would still be a problem with getting the AI to use them properly.

Have you looked as Orion Veteran's Mine Warfare mod? I haven't yet. :) Does it do what you are looking for? If so it may be possible to merge it into RoM/AND/C2C.

Top Bottom