1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[R&F] Is there any mod that delays the passage of the ages and technologies?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Tmato, Apr 14, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Tmato

Tmato Chieftain

And that is also compatible with the mod Real Tech Tree.

I like to enjoy each era and fight with the units of each era but in the base game the technologies overlap very fast. I used the historic speed mod, but it seems to be incompatible with Real Tech tree

2. WillowBrook

WillowBrook Lurker

8 ages of pace is the best for slowing things down for the base game, imho, and it doesn't affect the tech tree. However, it hasn't been updated for the expansions. I created my own variant of that mod that also lengthens ages and increases the amount of era score required for normal and golden ages. I think that code for this is in the historic speed mod. I'm only on my first GS game with it, so I'm not sharing yet (and would want permission from those whose code I've copied as well). But if you're up to a bit of modding you can do it yourself.

Phoenix1595 and Julia97 like this.
  3. Dark_Jedi06

Dark_Jedi06 "Deus ex Machina."

8 Ages of Pace was updated for GS by another user with the permission of the original modder:
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1667071231

WillowBrook, alancsilver and Julia97 like this.
  4. BK*

BK* Chieftain

5. Krajzen

Krajzen Warlord

There are so many mods and complaints adressing pacing that Firaxis devs themselves should seriously think about this issue

Phoenix1595 likes this.
  6. WillowBrook

WillowBrook Lurker

Although it's an open question as to whether any specific change would please more people than the current state. You can get a majority to want something different, but no agreement on what that different should be....

7. Phoenix1595

Phoenix1595 Lord of the Two Lands

I play exclusively epic/marathon, and have to use the 8 Ages mod because it was clear to me early on that the game wasn’t fine-tuned for non-standard play. Mods worked fine until GS, but I find that 8 Ages breaks down a bit by the Industrial Era. I look forward to any updates or new modder content in this area. Of course, I would love it if the devs would do a once-over and tweak the game clock mechanics for long-game play. Here’s hoping.

WillowBrook likes this.
  8. WillowBrook

WillowBrook Lurker

The problem with this version, like the original, is that it does nothing with era length or golden age thresholds, so it's too easy (IMO) to get all golden ages. But if that doesn't bother you, I recommend it.