[R&F] Is there any mod that delays the passage of the ages and technologies?

Tmato

Chieftain
And that is also compatible with the mod Real Tech Tree.

I like to enjoy each era and fight with the units of each era but in the base game the technologies overlap very fast. I used the historic speed mod, but it seems to be incompatible with Real Tech tree

8 ages of pace is the best for slowing things down for the base game, imho, and it doesn't affect the tech tree. However, it hasn't been updated for the expansions. I created my own variant of that mod that also lengthens ages and increases the amount of era score required for normal and golden ages. I think that code for this is in the historic speed mod. I'm only on my first GS game with it, so I'm not sharing yet (and would want permission from those whose code I've copied as well). But if you're up to a bit of modding you can do it yourself.

8 ages of pace is the best for slowing things down for the base game, imho, and it doesn't affect the tech tree. However, it hasn't been updated for the expansions. I created my own variant of that mod that also lengthens ages and increases the amount of era score required for normal and golden ages. I think that code for this is in the historic speed mod. I'm only on my first GS game with it, so I'm not sharing yet (and would want permission from those whose code I've copied as well). But if you're up to a bit of modding you can do it yourself.
8 Ages of Pace was updated for GS by another user with the permission of the original modder:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1667071231

There are so many mods and complaints adressing pacing that Firaxis devs themselves should seriously think about this issue

There are so many mods and complaints adressing pacing that Firaxis devs themselves should seriously think about this issue
Although it's an open question as to whether any specific change would please more people than the current state. You can get a majority to want something different, but no agreement on what that different should be....

I play exclusively epic/marathon, and have to use the 8 Ages mod because it was clear to me early on that the game wasn’t fine-tuned for non-standard play. Mods worked fine until GS, but I find that 8 Ages breaks down a bit by the Industrial Era. I look forward to any updates or new modder content in this area. Of course, I would love it if the devs would do a once-over and tweak the game clock mechanics for long-game play. Here’s hoping.

Top Bottom