Is there any new away around the copy block problems for this game?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Technical Support' started by engelthefallen, Mar 7, 2007.

1. engelthefallen

engelthefallen Chieftain

I just got a computer like two weeks backs, and a friend mentioned the Fall from Heaven mod for Civ 4, so all excited I went to put the game in and got the dreaded insert disc errors. Saw suggestions to use the install instead of play disc when I patched, but still, I got the loading screen and it kept asking for a disc.

It looks like me using Nero may be the conflict as I do not clone CD, that Dameon mount thingy or any program to clone PC games.

So I got one of those bipass the copy protection thingies but hate using it. I know when the game came out people bashed it hard for this problem, but I had no issues then so ignored it all, but now I see why the complaints.

Anywho was wondering if this issue was ever fixed. I read through the archives and various tech stuff, but it covers nearly two years of stuff and I would rather not download a bootleg to play the game since I do own it. Here are my stats if it helps:

Running Vista
    Duel Core AMD 64 processor
    G-Force 7300 LE card [factory drivers]
    Have a Ready Boast stick
    And the PC is a Dell, but I do not have that sonic stuff installed
    Latest version of Nero installed

So there we go. Is there something I am missing right off the bat, or is it Nero acting up? I sadly cannot remove Nero as it is the core of my job. I make professional wrestling videos for indy feds and use Nero a lot for it.

So any work around found since 2005 or so when the game first came out, or something jumping out at people from my list above of things that may be suspect?

As I said it works with what I have to bipass the copy block, but I really hate using this. Celo from the disc case I think has been mocking me all morning for not getting this to work right :(

Thanks in advance to anyone who reads this or replies.

2. crunch

crunch Emperor

Well... no, there's no "official" way to avoid copy protection. Sometimes companies drop copy protection in later patches because it causes too much trouble. Not this time.

(Well, for Warlords, there was a 2.08 patch released which does not require any disk in the drive. But for Civ4 vanilla, you still need disk.)

3. engelthefallen

engelthefallen Chieftain

Was the no disk patch an official one for Warlords? I been meaning to get that anyway. Maybe when I get bored of the Fall From Heaven mods.