Is there any support for a television forum?

CrackedCrystal

Where am I?
I was just wondering how much support there is for adding a "Television and Movies" forum to discuss TV shows? Postings in the Off-Topic forum usually only have a lifespan of about 3 or 4 days before dying. That is not a long enough to discuss most weekly shows.

But if there is no interest, creating one isn't a good idea. What does everyone think?

EDIT: oops, I ment to make a poll but forgot to check the box :blush:

I think it's a good idea, but I think the moderators have enough work to do. Could I moderate the Movies and TV forum? :)

Real Good Idea... I mean... we have a computers forum? So why not have a Movies and TV forum to!?

The TV Forums are a great Forum idea :D

If any OT forums are added, then this is probably the best idea.

That's a big if; I doubt TF or any mods will like the idea. They seem to dislike having new mods for some reason (maybe there aren't any good choices?...), and I'm pretty sure that this has been suggested before anyway.

Originally posted by Padma
Personally, I can't see the need for a TV/Movies Forum. If a thread dies off in 3 - 4 days, maybe nobody is interested enough to really discuss them. ;)

Hmm, after thinking about it. There is real no need for a TV Movies Forum. IMO I beleve the Off Topic Forum is enough :)

Well, you have a point Padma. And there are not many TV/movie threads in the OT. But I am sure there are many people like me who don't look past the first 2 pages of threads. With a TV posting, there could be a week between postings (once a new episode comes out). By then it may be 4 or 5 pages back since the OT forum is so busy.

That is mostly why I posted here, to see if there are many people who shy away from such postings because of it.

But I am glad there was a negitive post on the idea. It adds flavor :lol:

I recommend an Iraq sub-forum for a few weeks at least. ;)

I recommend an Iraq sub-forum for a few weeks at least.

Given the flame risk ,and Iraq forum would probably need a big number of moderators.

i would like a Car's & babes forum ,for the life enjoying men on this site. :D
I don't think that a movie and tv forum is a that bad idea.Maybe a music forum could be a good idea to.

Originally posted by TheDuckOfFlanders

i would like a Car's & babes forum ,for the life enjoying men on this site. :D

I second that idea! :D ;)

All of things are already here...it's called "Off-Topic"

I will resist any attempt to further delute the OT, we already removed history, humor, and sports.

Now you want to remove one of the last topics from it?

Bad idea, I have to say NO.

Plus, all it does is make more busy work for us, and I have enough of that now.

I think a television forum is a bad idea: discussion on television would largely be focussed on what was and what will be broadcasted. Now, I don't know how it is inside the U.S.A., but I can assure you that television shows in the rest of the world are usually not aired simultaneously (read: within 2 years or so) with the U.S.A.

So, it'd split the discussion in an US and a rest of the world camp. That doesn't sound really interesting.

The same goes, in a lesser account, for movies: most movies enter the cinema a month (GB) or two months (most of Europe) after the states. You could check OT for movie threads. Half of the discussion is 'I can't wait to see it, in two months...', or 'I already saw that one a long time ago'.

BTW, television sucks :p

Whats the point of a TV forum anyway? The majority of the people here hate television. Not everyone is indifferent to TV, but not enough like TV shows and such that there would actually be a demand to a forum.

Who'd like that? :p

Actually, I saw ST:nemesis last friday. I didn't really feel the urge to come over to the television/movie/star trek forum to promote it to my fellow CFC television/movie/star trek posters :(

I watch ESPN, Scrubs, and hockey. TV isn't that great anymore.

Top Bottom