Is there any way to abstain from the UN vote?

Lochlann

Warlord
Kind of a silly question, I know, but I'm curious. I'm one of those OCD/completist players who likes to enable all victory conditions (except Time) and dominate all of them...while achieving none of them until I'm good and ready. (Which means until I've transformed the map into a paradise for my civilization. :) ) I've built the UN, and it's time for voting, and since the vast majority of city-states are under my sway, whoever I vote for wins the game. But I don't want to finish the game yet.

Is there any way for me to abstain? Or must I retreat to a save point before I built the UN? Obviously there is no "abstain" button, so this is probably going to be a very easy answer (heh), but I figured I'd check just in case.

(And yes, I know I can play "just...one...more...turn" :) , but that always saps some of the joy for me. I like for all victory conditions to still be active, and thus to always be "under the gun," theoretically at least.)

Thanks!

Ah, but therein lies the curse of "Civ OCD." :) It's tough for me to disable something that will remove a Wonder from my grasp. However, since achieving said Wonder results in an automatic game-over ten turns afterward...I'll try to be strong. ;)

For this game (Prince / Huge / Marathon), I have a comfortable enough lead over everyone else that I can be pretty much certain of having my way with the world before anyone else builds the UN. At least, I hope...

Thanks for the answer!

Just buy up enough city states to prevent anyone else from winning, making sure you don't have enough to win either. ;)

Just buy up enough city states to prevent anyone else from winning, making sure you don't have enough to win either. ;)
Ha! Waaaay too late for that in this game, I'm afraid. Hmm, I suppose I could suddenly declare war on enough of them to dip below the necessary level--I'd need to drop 11 of them, I think--and then stay neutral with them afterward. Bleh, don't much like that alternative. Fun to think about though, heh.

WIthout enough votes to win, its' gonna take another 10 turns to win, you have to have less than the requirement vote for the vote to be voided and wait for another.

Ah, but therein lies the curse of "Civ OCD." :) It's tough for me to disable something that will remove a Wonder from my grasp. However, since achieving said Wonder results in an automatic game-over ten turns afterward...I'll try to be strong. ;)

I believe disabling diplo victory doesnt stop you from building the UN. There just won't be a vote.

Top Bottom