is there any way to break a voluntary vassalage? (AI civ vassaling to me)

smjjames

Emperor
I'm just wondering here because I don't see any easy way to break a vassalage pact if I wanted to break it. It could be possible by pissing off your vassal (which can be difficult since you need to have good relations in the first place.

I did have a game where a few civs kept vassaling to me, cancelling it, vassaling to the calabim (I think, I don't remember), then vassaling to me, then the Calabim, then me. It went back and forth a few times. This was back in .31 though.

So, are there any ways to do it, besides going to WB?

I think you can force a war (and thus break the pact) via a spell that causes war, such as Ring of Flames or using Scorch in their lands.

There isn't supposed to be, but there is. Like Pike on the Hands says, you can declare war on them with a spell.

I see, I knew there really wasn't any easy way of cancelling a vassalage that you don't want anymore. Wasn't sure if using some kind of spell would work, but cool anyways :)

The specific game I was referring to with this question was a game I had just finished a little while ago. Did a cultural victory with the Kuriotates, a very long and not exactly exciting game.

Demand all of his resources. Mana will do it especially quickly. Earlier versions it wasn't so.

If you piss off nough by makin diplomatic decisions they don't like (such as takin all their resources all the time, as Raize suggested, and be buddies with who they hate), then they'll refuse to give you resources one time and war results. But usin scorch or ring of flames (or any other spell that causes war) is usually faster and less work. Trouble is, I like to play with my food, much as a cat does with a mouse...if ya get wat I'm sayin.

Heh, I like cripple a civ down until they have some incredibly bad city shoved off in the corner to provide me with mana ;)

With no sea access so they can't come a sailing.. hell sometimes I even make the city for them!

Doesn't it show up in the Diplomacy screen under "What are our current deals?" If so, you should be able to cancel it there.

Heh, I like cripple a civ down until they have some incredibly bad city shoved off in the corner to provide me with mana ;)

With no sea access so they can't come a sailing.. hell sometimes I even make the city for them!

LOL! Very nice.

Top Bottom