Is there any way to get the Era Splashes to work in Multiplayer?

turingmachine

Emperor
Is there any way to get the Era Splashes to work in Multiplayer? Unfortunately there isn't a simply edit I can do in the EventManager - like I was able to do with the Tech Splashes. My second guess was to edit the CvEraMovieScreen python file. The only thing I could see in there was

Code:
		if (CyInterface().noTechSplash()):
			return 0

But even commenting that out didn't work.

Does anyone know of a way? I can't see anything in the python, and it seems weird that something so weird would be handled in the SDK considering all the wonder movies, tech splashes, and victory movies are all triggered in python.

I hate to break it to you, but this popup is triggered in the SDK. This code at the end of CvPlayer::setCurrentEra(EraTypes) does the work (note the bold part at the end of the first line):

Code:
if (isHuman() && (getCurrentEra() != GC.getGameINLINE().getStartEra()) && [B]!GC.getGameINLINE().isNetworkMultiPlayer()[/B])
{
	if (GC.getGameINLINE().isFinalInitialized() && !(gDLL->GetWorldBuilderMode()))
	{
		CvPopupInfo* pInfo = new CvPopupInfo(BUTTONPOPUP_PYTHON_SCREEN);
		if (NULL != pInfo)
		{
			pInfo->setData1(eNewValue);
			pInfo->setText(L"showEraMovie");
			addPopup(pInfo);
		}
	}
}

I posted the whole bit in the hope that you can perform the same action in the techAcquired event which is fired near the start of CvTeam::setHasTech() which calls the above function.

Hmm, strange that's the only popup like that handled in the SDK. Thanks a lot for the code, maybe I can get it working with the python, if not I guess I need to recompile the DLL.

Thanks!

Top Bottom