1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Is there any way to implement events in civ3?

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Creation & Customization' started by Kyriakos, May 16, 2010.

1. Steph

Steph Multi Many Tasks man Retired Moderator

No, this option will not correct a mistake in a save file.

If I want to make an event involving a civ, let say a civil war, I need to be sure of every part of the save file where the civs are in a way or another involve.

I need to update the trade network, the diplomacy, the histograph, etc.

And everything is not yet fully documented.

2. Azmorg

Azmorg Bretwalda

Plotinus' scenario, Rood & Dragon, does a fair job of timing an influx of Viking marauders into Britain. He does it by putting a huge number of immobile, very high defense value units in the Vikings' city. They will then build only offensive units. They have their own tech line that gets them the Longboat unit at the right time. Then, becuase the AI feels very protected with all the high defense units, it's willing to build Longboats and launch an offensive invasion. And it's timed pretty good.

3. Takhisis

Takhisis Winnie the Jinping, wer fragt uns?

Yes, that's a good one, but you can't have 999/999 invincible units in a far-away land on every game, sadly. Sometimes what's really needed is timed events like in StarCraft, with units coming out of nowhere.