1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[BNW] Is there any way to let City-States make International Trade Routes?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Creation & Customization' started by nguyenforthewin13, Sep 6, 2018.

1. nguyenforthewin13

nguyenforthewin13 Chieftain

Specifically, I mean to ask if there is any way to allow City-States to utilize Caravans and Cargo Ships to make their own International Trade Routes. I'm aware that there is a mod allowing City-States to use Settlers, but can they also be made to use Trade Units?

2. Enginseer

Enginseer Salientia of the Community Patch Supporter

No because that would be more code-hungry already. There's no big difference between a major and a minor civ code-wise(a player is a player) until you start disabling AI elements on the minor civ such as trade routes, religion, and so on.

3. nguyenforthewin13

nguyenforthewin13 Chieftain

Alright, that makes sense. I suspected this, because it seems much simpler to get City-States to use Settlers (since obviously they need to use one in order to get started at the beginning of the game, which means that it would be possible to just get them to use more Settlers). But making them using Caravans and Cargo Ships, which they never use, isn't possible. Thanks for the info.

4. Jiska

Jiska Chieftain

iirc from internal testing, if you spawn a Caravan unit for a Minor Civ with the correct AI, it'll use it.