Is there any way to play solo?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by lucky17, Jan 16, 2011.

1. lucky17

lucky17 Chieftain

Is there any way to play solo, like without any AI? I just want to build without being harassed by the AI. Is there any mods, or scenarios that will help me out? Thanks!

2. Zyxpsilon

Zyxpsilon Running Spider

FireTuner could certainly do it!

It may seem complex or pointless, but i don't see why anyone shouldn't be able to start a new game against one AI and keep track of everything it does through continual monitoring of their activities; such as deleting their units, cities -- whatever comes up.

All you need is the usual first line edit to enable its slot in config.ini, start the tuner before the game itself, then alt-tab away at your pleasure.

3. sucksforyou112

sucksforyou112 Superman

Easy:
    Make a map, with a gigantic island for you to build on according to what you want, then a 1-hex island completely surrounded by mountains, so the AI cant get out.
    Then you can build to your hearts delight. ;)

4. Shmike

Shmike Warlord

DON'T THE GAME WILL CRASH!!!! The AI won't be able to compute with the mountains surrounding them as they have no tiles to work on!

5. Aldor

Aldor King

Settler difficulty should give you want you want. On that level, AI will never declare war against you, and is SO slow developing that you pretty much have all of the map for yourself. You can also go to advanced settings and reduce the number of opponents to 1 (can't set it to zero, but 1 is fine especially if you choose a continents map, in which case the AI will probably start on the other continent).

6. cman2010

cman2010 King

this would be the best way heck even on cheiftan you should be able to not get to much trouble out of the ai.

7. sucksforyou112

sucksforyou112 Superman

Seriously? Didnt know that, my bad then :blush: