Is there any way to reduce City Strength and maybe Unit HP/Defense?

bippitybop

Chieftain
i love just about everything about VP, but one thing that sucks the fun out of it for me is how strong cities and most units are in it. i guess i didn't notice it as much until fairly recently when i shifted from cultural/religious playstyles to a more warmongering one, and when i did at first i liked it, but after a while i just find it incredibly exhausting how hard it is to take down a city most of the time. i'm guessing the aim was to make siege units pretty much required to sack a city, but i just don't find it fun. i dunno, maybe i'm just doing something wrong as i'm by no means an expert at the game.

i'm not asking for these things to be changed since i'm sure lots of people like it the way it is, just wondering if there's some settings in a file somewhere i can tweak or something. i'd honestly prefer to play VP with everything that it adds enabled but with city strength and maybe unit hp/defense slashed in half. is it possible to modify some settings to do that? thanks.

Go to C:\Users\YourUserNameHere\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\(2) Community Balance Overhaul\Balance Changes\Buildings
Find CityDefense.sql
I halved every "ExtraCityHitPoints" value and slightly redueced "Defense" Values and now it feels like i can actually capture a defenseless city.
Those numbers are severely overtuned IMO

Top Bottom