1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Is there any way to...

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by eyrei, Jun 12, 2002.

1. eyrei

eyrei Chieftain Retired Moderator

Have my email notifications go to two different addresses? I now spend as much time on the forum from home, and would like to have those notifications.

2. spycatcher34

spycatcher34 Chieftain

Sure set up one of the adress to forward it to your other one...

3. eyrei

Thanks. If only I could figure out how to do that....

4. TedG

TedG Chieftain

Or just use a Yahoo! account, because it's Web-based and you can access it from any computer.

5. spycatcher34

spycatcher34 Chieftain

They usually have it in the options somewhere to "forward email to" and then a blank. Or if one of the accounts has pop feature enabled you can just use that.

6. duke o' york

duke o' york It don't mean a thing....

You can only nominate a "permanent" e-mail address when you join the forum - that is, an address that is linked to your work or home or something and not a solely web-based one - so that it is more difficult to have double log-ons. Unfortunately you can only do this when you join the forum and can't change the address to which your e-mail notifications or the site news etc. are sent. This is a problem for me as well as eyrei and I have asked TF a couple of times if he could change my registered address from my work account to my Yahoo one as I am looking for a new job but haven't had any response yet (er, from TF that is ;)). The trouble is that if I leave my current job then my e-mail here would be closed down and the e-mails sent to my work account would be returned and clog up TF's inbox. :(

7. Knight-Dragon

Knight-Dragon Unhidden Dragon Retired Moderator

The solution, in your case, my dear duke, is relatively simple. Just set your cp to no email notifications fr the admin and that'll do the trick nicely. :)

And then, after you get your new work email, you can perhaps prevail upon TF again to chg your email link.

8. duke o' york

Oh, I'm not overly concerned with my own case but this is a general point for anyone who wants to change their destination e-mail address and may prove very useful if I can succeed in getting what lawyers refer to as a test case established.
    I am not too confident in getting a new job tomorrow and it will probably take ages in my case as in so many others ;).

Also, have the e-mail news messages totally disappeared for stuff like the new GotMs because we have so many members as I haven't seen them for months now?

9. Knight-Dragon

Knight-Dragon Unhidden Dragon Retired Moderator

The last I received was about the PTW expansion pack. It's about a few weeks ago I think, hardly months.

Good luck in your attempt at getting a new job. :goodjob: I know the feeling; been thinking bout switching myself. :)

10. eyrei

I seem to be able to do this. It is kind of a pain, but when I leave work, I go to my user cp and change the email address in my profile. And then when I get to work I change it back.

11. duke o' york

OMG!!!! :eek:
    I'm such a dumbass.
    I've just successfully changed my e-mail account and can now enjoy the forums from any job I may have in future!
    I'm not surprised that TF ignored my stupid requests before - it seems so obvious now! Duhhhhhh! :(

:hammer:
    :cringe: <--- Me