Is there anyone that pre-ordered and DID NOT get the preload with the patch...

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Aristos, Jul 5, 2013.

1. Aristos

Aristos Lightseeker

... or is it only me?

Those who are in the same situation, would you please post here with aprox time since pre-ordering? I would like to know if there is something wrong or if it is happening to more people.

Answer from Steam to my email was "lacking", to say the least... (they basically told me "go ask the developer", as if Firaxis/2K had anything to do with pre-loading decisions??? :crazyeye::crazyeye::crazyeye:

Anyone?

I pre-ordered June 19, BC Canada here, patch downloaded OK, no BNW files to be seen...

2. Sir Parsifal

Sir Parsifal Chieftain

Same here. Pre-ordered on the seventh of June, still no pre-loading for me yet.

3. EnterDOT

EnterDOT Chieftain

I already see another Canadian unable to. No, I am Latvian and I did, but just a coincidence to see that. Weird.

4. m15a

m15a Emperor

i wouldn't expect steam to be very helpful. as far as they're concerned, you're not really missing out on anything. it's not like dwelping is officially sanctioned.

5. Stealth Bumbler

Stealth Bumbler Chieftain

I did my pre-order just now (July 5th, if anyone is reading this on another day), so after the prep-patch. No additional files downloaded, though BNW is now listed under purchased DLCs on steam.

I hope it doesn't end up being a problem for me, I'd like to get playing ASAP on release day :) I do have a decent internet connection if it doesn't preload though.

Worst case scenario is that there is some sort of error and it won't install at launch. That could just be me (or us) being paranoid :shifty:

6. XboxAddict77

XboxAddict77 Wonder Spammer

I'm american, I pre-ordered it around 2-3 weeks ago and I still don't have it but My internet is decent at midnight so I'll just download it then.

7. Boygor

Boygor Chieftain

Have you guys tried to verify the integrity of the game cache? I've just done this and something updated...

8. HeraldtheGreat

HeraldtheGreat King

I preordered on GMG, not Steam, so naturally I wouldn't get the pre-load, right?

9. Boygor

Boygor Chieftain

Well my update never downloaded any expansion... I wonder if I just got the latest patch. I shall have to check.

10. XboxAddict77

XboxAddict77 Wonder Spammer

I'm not really concerned because steam says I own the game when I go the BNW store page.

11. Aristos

Aristos Lightseeker

Riga... Teutonic Order... :D, yeah, I am waiting for the 8th by playing some TO in EU3... must be amazing to see all the historical places around there.

So, you in Riga already have it, but I am neighbouring Valve's HQ and don't? May I ask you when you pre-ordered?

I find it amusing that they may have decided to discriminate among pre-orderers... how? Who ordered before a given date? What is the discriminant factor? Unacceptable if you ask me, and it goes in their favour to pre-load to as many pre-ordererers as possible to free bandwidth for release date... hard to understand.

12. tranger66

tranger66 Warlord

Count me with the Canadians who Can't. I think it wasn't supposed to have the extra data but the people who updated there Steam in the morning EST got it. By the time I got home from work I wasn't hearing anyone new getting them.

Has anyone gotten the non-patch download since 5pm EST on Tues?

13. Yngvi

Yngvi Chevalier du Tastevin

Yours is not an isolated case. I've seen a number of people post elsewhere who did not get it. This includes me; I pre-ordered it a week ago.

Two guesses: either the very early pre-orders got downloaded just to lighten the load (most likely), or Steam made a mistake and downloaded it for some who downloaded the patch immediately upon release (I wouldn't put it past Steam). In any case, I'm not worried about it.

14. Boygor

Boygor Chieftain

I'm in the UK so I'm not really concerned either... I've got to wait another week anyways but I'd love to have a quick look at midnight next week and my connection is pretty poor :(

Out of interest, what version of the game is everyone on? My version is 6.1.7601?

15. m15a

m15a Emperor

Are we sure it's not an issue of when people chose to update? Are there people that recently got the full download?

Re: GMG, yes, Steam won't consider you to have the expansion until you get the code from GMG and enter it into Steam. Someone said that they might do that before release so you can preload, though who knows.

16. HeraldtheGreat

HeraldtheGreat King

I haven't received the activation code yet, So either there's an error in my pre-order or they only release the activation code on the release date.

17. Boygor

Boygor Chieftain

Doh! my 6.1.7601 was the launcher - disregard :)

18. m15a

m15a Emperor

Yeah, me neither. You should be able to see the game listed on your account on the website, so you know the order went through, but with a message that you can't get the code yet. They say you have to wait until release date, but maybe it'll actually come up on Monday.

19. HeraldtheGreat

HeraldtheGreat King

Under my username (HeraldtheGreat) in the library in the Steam Games section lies BNW saying key is not available until release. I can sleep easy now. :) Thanks.

20. CivCube

CivCube Feelin' defiant.

I don't have it but it's such a non-issue. You can't play it until a couple days from now anyway (if you're American).