Is there anyone who played before BTS released?

spqkfk

Chieftain
I heard that before BTS( in Vanilla, Warlord ), AI used to ask for peace to player.
But I've never seen that in BTS.
Is this True?

Yep, AIs would offer peace deals. Can't remember if it was just Vanilla or present in Warlords too.

Yep, AIs would offer peace deals. Can't remember if it was just Vanilla or present in Warlords too.

Really?
Wow.. I have no idea why they put it off.
It would be more fun if they kept it, I think.

Well, now I am thinking if there are any mods which enable that feature again.
Do you have any clues?

I'm like 95% sure I've had the AI offer me peace in BTS too...but maybe I'm wrong...

Huh? Doesn't the AI ask for peace in BTS? Am I that oblivious I never realised during the course of many years?

Either they refuse to talk or they will talk, but human needs to take initiative. They will take initiative to surrender and become vassal when doomed, tho. I think.

Edit: Recently finished (and won) two conquest games and at no point they took initiative to talk peace. Vassals was off there.

They will take initiative to surrender and become vassal when doomed, tho. I think..
Nope..they don't do not do that..that is still a peace deal by the way

You may be confusing that with them offering to peace vassal

Last edited:
They will sometimes offer to be your peace vassal.

[...] I have no idea why they put it off.
It would be more fun if they kept it, I think.
I'm almost positive that it's a bug, i.e. not an intentional change.
Well, now I am thinking if there are any mods which enable that feature again.
Do you have any clues?
Civ4BeyondSword.exe double-checks all AI-initiated offers at the start of the human turn, and that's where the peace offers get killed. I guess that's why none of the unofficial patches fixed this; source code for the GameCore DLL is available, but not for the EXE. It is possible to fix it through a workaround in the DLL, and I did that earlier this year in my mod Advanced Civ. To my knowledge, @keldath's Doto is the only other mod that has adopted my bugfix. I'm attaching a screenshot of a peace offer (a capitulation offer; it's the only screenshot I have at hand). I don't think that the AI suing for peace adds much to the game really; just a bit of flavor.

Attachments

• capitulation_offer_advc.jpg
    capitulation_offer_advc.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 392
I'm almost positive that it's a bug, i.e. not an intentional change.Civ4BeyondSword.exe double-checks all AI-initiated offers at the start of the human turn, and that's where the peace offers get killed. I guess that's why none of the unofficial patches fixed this; source code for the GameCore DLL is available, but not for the EXE. It is possible to fix it through a workaround in the DLL, and I did that earlier this year in my mod Advanced Civ. To my knowledge, @keldath's Doto is the only other mod that has adopted my bugfix. I'm attaching a screenshot of a peace offer (a capitulation offer; it's the only screenshot I have at hand). I don't think that the AI suing for peace adds much to the game really; just a bit of flavor.

Really? Literally, I had no idea that was ,actually, a bug.
I thought that it is related to the dopeace part in some way. So I searched it but couldn't find anything from it.
Now I see what was wrong.

Btw, I'm defenitely gonna try your mod. It looks really promising.
Thank you so much!! :thumbsup:

I thought that it is related to the dopeace part in some way. So I searched it but couldn't find anything from it.
The DLL side is fine, i.e. beginDiplomacy gets called. I'm guessing that the additional check is part of the trade table code in the EXE. And, apparently, the EXE requires the two teams to be at peace when it should actually require them to be at war. So the workaround is to have CvTeam::isAtWar lie to the EXE at just the right moment. Cool that I'm not the only person who cares about this obscure error.

I bought Vanilla Civ 4 and was not really impressed. Mainly because religion was used as espionage, and founding a religion meant you could see what was going on in every city with the religion present. It made religion a huge liability if it wasn't your own. They didn't alter it until BTS, which fixed things nicely.

So the workaround is to have CvTeam::isAtWar lie to the EXE at just the right moment. Cool that I'm not the only person who cares about this obscure error.
Nice finding and good job! Thanks, f1rpo :thumbsup:. I'll port your commit as my very first modding exercise over an yet-to-exist personal mod :lol:, based on said BBAI.

Last edited:
That commit is wordier than I remembered it. :mischief: It should work correctly, but I've made a couple of improvements since then:
Spoiler technical details :

- Added a .def file to avoid the messy changes to isAtWar calls in CvGameCoreUtils.cpp and CvPlayer.cpp (Git commit). That requires the /DEF:CvGameCoreDLL.def option when linking.
- Added a line to CvPlayerAI::AI_offerCapitulation to get the AI to offer reparations along with a capitulation.
It might be best to run a full-text search for "advc.134a" on the latest CvGameCoreDLL folder and to mostly disregard the Git commits.
Anyway, good luck.

Top Bottom