1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Is there anyway to use a map seed from an old map in a new game?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by ozza000, Feb 12, 2006.

1. ozza000

ozza000 Emperor

Say I have an old save, which I found the map was brilliant. Is it possible to find out the map seed of this map, and use it in a brand new game. I want to do this, as I really enjoyed my last map.

Thankyou, Ozza.

2. ozza000

ozza000 Emperor

Ah someone must know whether this is possible or not on Civ4.

3. SexyBecky

SexyBecky Chieftain

I am also very interested in this I like to play on difficult maps, and would like to use them over and over. In Conquests this was easy you could just enter the civ3.ini and find the world seed and use that in a scenario or after a few patches just enter this number at the top right of the screen. So how do you do this now?

4. BeefontheBone

BeefontheBone Windbag of the sea

There is an entry in the .ini file to force the map seed, but I'm not sure about finding it for the current map - is it displayed in the worldbuilder?

5. SexyBecky

SexyBecky Chieftain

"; Random seed for map generation, or '0' for default
    MapRandSeed = 0"

Is that it, ah I hadn't actually discovered that. But the world seed can't be discovered from the World Builder as far as I am aware.

6. thordk

thordk Chieftain

i think i saw the seed in the custom game screen once. but maybe i'm confusing this with civ3 :crazyeye: