Is there culture-specific background music?

Civciv5

Grand Emperor
So I didn't buy the game, but maybe I will. I'd like to know if the music that plays from the ancient to atomic era is the same for everyone or culture-flavored. This was one of my favourite things in Civ6.

I mean it was really weird hearing Christian music or Beethoven while playing as China in Civ4.

The music seems to be mixed. Every civ has its own theme that evolves through the eras. But you can hear the themes of other civs during your game, too. For instance, if China is next to you, you will also hear their Chinese theme.

So it's like several hours continuously playing a civ's theme and the time of the civs around you? No other background music like in Civ5?

So it's like several hours continuously playing a civ's theme and the time of the civs around you? No other background music like in Civ5?

Well, I hope it will be easy to add your own music at least. I will check this out as soon as I pick up my copy. It's already waiting for me in a parcel locker.

I'm not sure how much more at this stage, but there's more than just the themes of the civs around you; currently I've heard Greensleeves more than Scarborough Fair in this game with Victoria in it. But it does cycle through the musics of the civs present in your game, staying within their eras. Maybe someone will dissect it further.

Unfortunately, I am disappointed. It seems that they used Wwise for audio files, which means it will be quite a hassle to mod or add music. It is even worse than in Civ V.

I watched some videos on Youtube and it seems only the leader themes play in the background. What a disappointment. At least Civ5 had a whole soundtrack, which was even culture-flavored.

There ARE non-leader themes in the game. Definitely heard Gao Shan Liu Shui (China's Civ5 theme) and another Russian-style melody during my first game.

The catch is that they follow the same rule as the civ themes- they get added into the mix regardless of your civ's real-life region.

The music is absolutely incredible. I just went through about 10 straight hours of playing, and realised I never felt the need to play my own music.
Each civ has their own tunes, that 'upgrade' during the later eras.

However (not that I'm complaining) I am constantly hearing the Arab's oud music playing, even if they aren't even in my current game.

There ARE non-leader themes in the game. Definitely heard Gao Shan Liu Shui (China's Civ5 theme) and another Russian-style melody during my first game.

The catch is that they follow the same rule as the civ themes- they get added into the mix regardless of your civ's real-life region.

I converted all the music, and there are civilization themes only. Each civ has 5 or 6 ancient themes, usually different variations of the same ancient theme. And the get mixed with the themes of other civs.

Top Bottom