1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Is this a bug, attack or act of nature?

Discussion in 'Other Civ-Related Games' started by Energumen, Sep 25, 2002.

1. Energumen

Energumen Chieftain

My state has a medium sized island all to itself, with about eight cities on it, plus territory elsewhere on the map.

Around the year 2200, some of those island cities just disapeared, with no sign of them having been nuked. Some of the landmass also turned to water. At this point, I have been involved in a longish conflict, and have lots of pollution.

Has a new weapon been used on me or is there another explanation? No mods are involved ....

2. Dale

Dale Chieftain

It's called global warming. When the world's pollution reaches a certain point, the oceans rise, most coastal cities get destroyed, and a lot of terrain changes to desert or dryer types than what they were.

That's all it was. :)

3. Energumen

Energumen Chieftain