[NFP] Is this a bug? None of these AI units are attacking eachother

679x

Warlord
upload_2021-3-17_18-9-24.png

I had to retreat my slinger further and further toward Samarqand, which used to be a barbarian camp in the barbarian clans gamemode, after a bunch of barbarian units killed my scout nearby. The archer and warrior here chased my slinger until they cornered it here on this little peninsula. I figured that by moving my slinger here, the city-state would fight the barbarian units and I wouldn't lose the slinger.

Well, I haven't lost the slinger... but that's because nothing is happening. The barbarian units followed my slinger up until this point here in the screenshot, where the warrior and archer fortified on the spot (fortifying outside of a camp seems to be a new behaviour of barbarian units?). It's been like this for a few turns now, where the city-state won't attack the barbarians with their slingers, quadrireme, or wall attack, and the barbarians won't attack me or any of the city-state units. None of these ranged units are shooting, even though they have no reason not to. The only reason that warrior isn't full HP is because I shot it with the slinger.

Bug or what?

EDIT: After the second time I shot the warrior in that position (the first shot didn't make them move), the warrior retreated behind the archer and the archer shot my slinger. So the barbarians woke up. But the city-state still never attacked with - or even moved - any of their units, nor did they use the city wall attack. The warrior even moved back into range of my slinger and the city-state didn't even want to kill it when it was one shot away from dying.

Top Bottom