Is this a feature or is the Ai set up to cheat if you advance quickly

Troy Bruckner

Prince
Testing out how abusive the new pillaging is and I had three cities set up to do a revolt, pillage, recapture, repair and repeat cycle. My actual research was low, but with pillaging I had 40 techs researched around 1750 BC. I wasn't really paying attention to the computer players since I had around 50 units and another 40 to 50 builders, but then I noticed the Sumerians we two techs ahead of me. I checked their research and they were pumping out about 90 a turn, while I must have been averaging with pillaging 15 to 20 times that amount. I started to test it and regardless of how fast or slow I researched something they always stayed 1 or 2 techs ahead. If I skipped a round of pillaging they didn't advance. Even when I managed to research 6 techs in one turn they still stayed ahead of me.

are they allied to you, or at war with the same enemy, or something like that? Sumerians do get pillaged rewards shared from their allies
and i think they'll get it as long as it's not from someone they're at war with. Try declaring on them and see if it stays the same

I was not allied with them, but that probably explains what happened. Somebody probably messed up the code.

The text is a little unclear so I'm not sure how it's supposed to work in Gathering Storm. In previous releases I'm pretty sure they didn't have to actually be your allies, just at war with a common foe. See screenshots below of what it currently says in game versus a player guide from Rise and Fall. It's possible it's supposed to only apply to allies in GS, but is broken and still works the way it did in Vanilla and R&F.

upload_2019-2-16_2-52-57.png

upload_2019-2-16_2-57-41.png

What is probably happening is since I am pillaging a Free City the code considers them to be at war with a common enemy.

I can confirm that back in RnF they already had this ability. Not sure about GS but I don't see that changing.

Enjoy pillaging blindly while you can... nerf hammer is definitely coming :p

I can confirm that back in RnF they already had this ability. Not sure about GS but I don't see that changing.

Enjoy pillaging blindly while you can... nerf hammer is definitely coming :p

Unless they reduce to significantly less than what it was before it will still be too powerful. I don't think they will nerf it much if any. It's just tedious setting up and running the pillage scheme, but landing a man on the Moon before 1000 BC is funny.

Top Bottom