1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Is this demo game dead?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Demo Game: Citizens' started by robboo, Sep 11, 2006.

1. robboo

robboo Chieftain

I dont see much activity. Our recent DP through no fault of his own couldnt play the latest TC adn he didnt have many orders anyway. We dont have any presidential leadership to spur on the next DP or play himself or even assigning offices. We dont have enough people to run for offices and interest is slipping( or is gone completely).

Should we just let it die?

2. dutchfire

dutchfire Moderator Moderator

Don't know really, I'd say keep it alive until there's a warlords demo-game starting up? See if we can pull a win from this?

If it would die, I'd say let someone play it out while posting some screenies every now and then, so we can at least see how it would have ended.

3. Sweetacshon

Sweetacshon In the foetal position

The interminably slow pace recently has made it hard to keep interested and put any effort in, but I suppose it keeps going if there is someone to keep it going. What does the constitution say about the near extinction contingencies? Maybe the Tri can just pass the save along like an SG.

4. dutchfire

dutchfire Moderator Moderator

The constitution doesn't have anything on this, but I like the SG idea. (Off course if we come really near to extinction.).

5. robboo

robboo Chieftain

This memeber of the Tri is disappearing next month due to a move. I hope the game is still going on when i return.

Lets hope more people respond.

6. donsig

donsig Low level intermediary

Let the DP s play the turns if they want to.

I can't appoint people to offices if they aren't around.

7. ice2k4

ice2k4 Chieftain

I for one am a realist, and I think it is becomine extinct. If you look there are maybe 6 or 7 active posters even though the last census showed 11. 11 still isnt adequate. Maybe we should just pass it around like an SG until a warlords demogame comes out or we make a new vanilla demogame.

However I think the procedure on this is to poll like the constitution tells us to do. Poll poll poll.

Maybe we should poll an iniative.

Question: What should we do with the demogame?

Choices:
    Consolidate government to 3-5 positions.
    Let Dp's play it out.
    Continue as nothing happened.
    Pass it around like a SG.
    Call it a day and wait for a Warlords or new vanilla DG to come out.
    Abstain.

I dunno just throwing in a idea.

8. robboo

robboo Chieftain

NO donsig you cantforce them to play BUT you can post in the DP thread and contact the DPs as you are their leader. In additon YOU CAN appoint people that can legally have a second office to that second office.

9. dimaliok

dimaliok GayLORD

that might be good

10. DaveShack

DaveShack Inventor Retired Moderator

This seems to be the usual "going back to school in the fall and OMG that's a lot of homework" time. Or in the case of us old folks, the "getting behind at work and my kids are now into swimming and soccer where did all the time go" time. :crazyeye:

I appended a new TC time in the DP thread and the old turn thread. Maybe something will happen in the game to rebuild interest.

11. donsig

Or an old folk who has homework but decided the demogame would be more fun. That just goes to show how BAD homework is. Anyway I played the turns so this game ain't dead yet.

12. Oldbus

Oldbus Chief of Confusion

I think we should keep this game going. There aren't many of us, but I'd be surprised if a new game attracted a lot more people long-term (I'd expect to gain a few just from starting a new game, but that is all).

If those of us who are here keep playing it, then it is still alive.

13. RegentMan

RegentMan Chieftain

This happens every demogame. Strong beginning, then seven or eight at the end. Unfilled offices, a few posts...

Sad. :sad:

Although it would be helpful if we analyzed the problem and eliminated it.

14. ice2k4

ice2k4 Chieftain

Well we should take this as a demogame to learn from. We should start brainstorming ideas how to eliminate problems that cause drops in participation. One idea that I see working on paper is an RPG, but we never got enough people to play, and therefore it failed horribly.

So anyone have nay ideas on how we can eliminate causes for participation loss in the future.

15. Sweetacshon

I've got to say that the "legal wrangling" was a real turn off... there was a time, perhaps more than one time, where it had spread to almost every thread, and that's simply not fun. You may say it is an important point, but it simply is not important to a DG newby. I don't know how you'd eliminate that, but I think the more senior members, so to speak, of the DG should be able to direct their passions into something more constructive than month long slanging matches.

The other main problem recently has been the speed of play, and granted this is mostly due to participation rates but there should be at least a TC a week, and if instructions are not up, then the DP just decides what to do. A paragraph or so on each TC kept in a stickied thread might also help newbies or returners get up to speed rather than having to trawl thru the "working" threads.

16. GeorgeOP

GeorgeOP RF Bleachers

I've had some medical issues for the past three weeks that have made it hard to type, or even sit up some days. I start steroids tommorow and should be 100% in 7-10 days. I plan to be back to my old busy self when I can.

Instead of those other choices some of us should band together and start a hostile fascist takeover of the goverment from the inside. That would make things more interesting and help generate more interest ;)

17. Oldbus

Oldbus Chief of Confusion

All the best with that (the medical stuff, not the fascist takeover ;) )

18. ice2k4

ice2k4 Chieftain

feel better benito :)

19. Sweetacshon

Hope it's going ok George.

Do we need a poll on researching Facism before we can do that? ;)

20. donsig

Great idea. Not a new idea though. It's been suggested and suggested but never seems to happen.