Is this game worth buying?

ArguCa

Prince
Hello folks.

I started to play civ games with Civ 5 and I totally loved it. But hearing people who disliked this game and I'm wondering if you suggest Civ BE. In short, should I buy this game?

Thanks for all replies.

Regards.

I'd say Civ:BE is a diamond in the rough. It has a lot of bugs and balance issues, but also some neat new ideas and I personally really dig the Sci-Fi theme.

I'm having a lot of fun with it, but it's definitely a lot less polished and not quite as complex as the "full" Civ % experience will all of the patches, DLCs and expansions.

I do, however, fully expect those DLCs and expansions to also arrive for Civ:BE at some point and the first balance/bug fix patch has already been announced (without an ETA yet).

Tough call. I've been playing the game but not so much for fun but rather just for achievement hunting and to see what each victory condition is like. The game is OK but certainly not in the same caliber as Civ V or IV.

Can it become great? I used to think so but the more I play the more I start to have doubts. I would certainly wait until the big patch comes out in a week or so (speculating) before I'd buy. You can then see what people say about the fixes.

I can't imagine the patch turning it from OK to great (too many fundamental issues with gameplay to really fix easily) but I hope I'm wrong.

For me, I am moving back to Civ V for now - that should tell you something I suppose.

Hello folks.

I started to play civ games with Civ 5 and I totally loved it. But hearing people who disliked this game and I'm wondering if you suggest Civ BE. In short, should I buy this game?

Thanks for all replies.

Regards.

You should probably ask this question again after the upcoming patch. If you have waited until now you probably can wait a bit more.

There is a poll that asks whether people think that civBE is a finished game or if it is still unfinished and 70% voted for "unfinished".

Thank you so much for replies guys. Yea, I think I can wait bit longer. May buy during Steam Sale etc.

Thanks again. :)

If you are on the fence enough to make this thread then you may as well wait. The only reason to jump in now is if the setting is so irresistible that you don't mind losing the polish and features CiV has gotten over the years.

I like it. Have Civ games for years. It is really cool graphically. Of course it needs tweaking but after a patch it will be better. Hard core players expect a LOT and unless you program for a living or are a number cruncher I doubt you will appreciate a lot of what the naysayers are putting out.

It is a game and is entertaining and if you want to pass time and be entertained it does the job nicely IMO. Large learning curve with it and the sooner you get started the more enjoyable it gets.

There are 2 sides to every pancake and I think it is a good game. LOTS more scenarios and perks and rewards than Civ and is totally unfriendly to ICSing which I detest.

Well there are plenty of good non-Civ games you can play while waiting for the patches/expansions.

Top Bottom