Is this normal?(picture)

TheBossInTheWal

Chieftain
These AI military units have been sitting in this area for many many turns. Does this happen a lot in Civ6?

armies.png

They are bound to get nerfed, but War Carts can be built from turn 1 and have no maintenance (which is nuts) so there is no disincentive for Sumeria not to build a million of them. I've only started near them once, but it seems like what they do.

I've played 2 games with Sumeria as my neighbor. In both games, Sumeria tried a war cart rush against me very early. Both attempts failed miserably and only hastened Sumeria's demise.

Yes, the AIs units will often swarm towards their neighboring territory. Most of the time they declare war, sometimes they just stack up and sit there for whatever reason.

In either case, a War Cart Rush can be stopped pretty easily by just fortifying some Melee Units on good terrain. Numbers really don't mean much when the AI doesn't have the space to surround you with those units.

Yes, the AIs units will often swarm towards their neighboring territory. Most of the time they declare war, sometimes they just stack up and sit there for whatever reason.

In either case, a War Cart Rush can be stopped pretty easily by just fortifying some Melee Units on good terrain. Numbers really don't mean much when the AI doesn't have the space to surround you with those units.

I can understand a cart rush, but they just sit there and sit there.

I can understand a cart rush, but they just sit there and sit there.

I suspect they are trying to achieve a formation or density that meets whatever qualifications that the programming dictates to launch an attack before declaring war. I've seen this before, and the inevitable conclusion is that they declare war or you find a way to deny them that area.

I suspect they are trying to achieve a formation or density that meets whatever qualifications that the programming dictates to launch an attack before declaring war. I've seen this before, and the inevitable conclusion is that they declare war or you find a way to deny them that area.

I've seen this occasionally, too, and, in my cases I saw the buildup and started building my army/walls. What I suspected was happening is that as I pumped out units, the AI was sitting there, waffling, trying to decide if it still wanted to attack as I made countermeasures. Have you been trying to beef up your military/defenses since this started? I think the AI may be just reacting to a changing situation and be a bit "unsure of itself". Eventually you will reach a point where you've made the AI change its mind and it leaves.

Kongo did the same thing with his unique unit. He basically put one on every hex he owned. Eventually he declared war on Hong Kong.

Is that your city? I had a lot of English horseman crowding around my capital one game. I even got a diplomacy message that England was attacking Aztec (that was me), even though we were allied and not actually at war. Surely a bug.

I think England wanted to attack me, but couldn't because of the alliance.

Other civs seem to do this too... Teddy Roosevelt did it in my last game with chariots, even though he was well behind in science (lol, declaring colonial war on him was fun too, especially with Kongo!)

It also helps them defend against religious conversions.

I had a game as China where Norway surprised attack me after they made musketman, catapult, pikeman, warriors and an armada of longship (around 25 to 30 units in all). So maybe it was case to case basis (or maybe because of terrain?)

Top Bottom