Is this possible in ToT No3?

Palaiologos2

Prince
That every time a unit is killed by Civ X then there is a random chance that civ X gets a tech?

Like every time the Romans kill an Avar(unit name) unit they have 20 perchent chance of getting stirrup(tech name)?

Hi there, old chap!

It could be done by awarding the Romans a secret tech that allows a random check each turn.

(this would let us use the "RECEIVEDTECHNOLOGY" event to check the tech then do a random event...)

A 1 in 20 random event that will give the Romans "Stirrup" as a "just once" event...

:)

That every time a unit is killed by Civ X then there is a random chance that civ X gets a tech?

Like every time the Romans kill an Avar(unit name) unit they have 20 perchent chance of getting stirrup(tech name)?

@IF
UnitKilled
Unit=Avar
attacker=Civ X
defender=Civ Y
@AND
RandomTurn
denominator=5
@THEN
JustOnce
GiveTechnology
technology=13
receiver=Civ X
@ENDIF

There is a text file in your ToT directory called 'Macro', the section on events from the manual. It's a guide to using the macro language used to program events in ToT. It's a bit sketchy on the more advanced use of 'flags', but there are a couple of great tips on the SL wiki that explain that very well. Good luck!

Attachments

• Macro.rar
    13.5 KB · Views: 143
Sorry for my noobism. What is ToT No3?

This is the third "Is this possible in ToT"-thread he created ;)

Thank you very much for the explanation. I just wondered if I had missed a patch. :)

@IF
UnitKilled
Unit=Avar
attacker=Civ X
defender=Civ Y
@AND
RandomTurn
denominator=5
@THEN
JustOnce
GiveTechnology
technology=13
receiver=Civ X
@ENDIF

There is a text file in your ToT directory called 'Macro', the section on events from the manual. It's a guide to using the macro language used to program events in ToT. It's a bit sketchy on the more advanced use of 'flags', but there are a couple of great tips on the SL wiki that explain that very well. Good luck!

Yeah thing is my PC is fried and am currently logging a few minutes each time from a friend. I can't really download or read stuff on his PC.

In any case if i'm reading the event sequence correctly it means that the event engine checks every turn if there is an Avar unit killed and seperately if its the
"one in five turns". Ingenious.

Top Bottom