Is this right?

Dominix

Warlord
Sorry that I don't have a screen for this, but I'm sure I can find the same situation again pretty easily. This is in a Regent game, I just discovered Democracy for like 2 turns, and I'm still the only civ that has the technology. I decided to trade it to the Americans for all the techs I'm missing (which is around 4, I left the AI to discover them). I acquired Music Theory from that trade, and was comtemplating going for JS Bachs. I knew though I might not get it since some of the other Civs have been building it. I did a map check of the cities that were building them (had contact with all civs by this point), and the only real competitor was St. Louis (American). So I investigate the city, noticed that it was almost done, but I also notice that the Americans were in Anarchy. Can AI civs actually go into revolution right in the middle of your turn? I reloaded the game just before I gave Democracy, did a check before and after I gave the tech to the Americans. Before, they were Republic, afterwards Anarchy.

In a previous version, a.i. were able to trade on YOUR turn:eek: I wont be surprize if that kind of cheating is still in the game. Another non-sens concept and unfair rule.

Its been a long time since i last traded a goverment tech from the AI, but doesn't there come a pop-up where the domestic adv. asks about changing gov's?

Originally posted by robehans
Its been a long time since i last traded a goverment tech from the AI, but doesn't there come a pop-up where the domestic adv. asks about changing gov's?

Yes, that is my recollection also. When you gain a government tech during the AI's turn, you are asked if you want to change governments. If you are a religious civ, then you will have zero turns of anarchy as you will be able to select your government when your turn begins. So yes, you have it right; and no, it is not a cheat. You have the same option.

Top Bottom