1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Is this the new home for Religion and Revolution?

Discussion in 'Civ4Col - We The People' started by MujoHrnjica, Sep 21, 2018.

1. MujoHrnjica

MujoHrnjica Chieftain

I can't believe, I have the honors of having the very 1st thread in the MOD that will be a successor to RaR!
    Exciting!

Last edited: Sep 25, 2018
    Marla_Singer likes this.
  2. Hecur

Hecur Chieftain

hope so!

3. albucc

albucc Chieftain

Last edited: Sep 24, 2018
    Marla_Singer likes this.
  4. Divsanchez

Divsanchez Chieftain

This is great news.

Is there any chance of a thread devoted to a regularly updated version for people who want to playtest but without having to compile?

Can I suggest that you release what you have currently as a baseline version since there is a big difference between Rar 2.7 and the dll that ShadesOfTime posted on the Rar site?

I have been playing with that dll and it clears up a lot of the game breaking bugs from 2.7.

I think it makes sense to get out a version early (with the current bug fixes) before things get bogged down with new features.

Thanks.

Edit: There needs to be a sticky on the Rar forum so people can know work is still ongoing.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2018
  5. albucc

albucc Chieftain

Hi, everyone. I've just published a "release" that have the compiled dll... To build a full release every time is a challenge... So for now we are using github release systems. You can check https://github.com/We-the-People-civ4col-mod/Mod/releases to get the latest code (version 2.7.1 beta 6 for now).

6. Gladi

Gladi The ignored thread killer

Wow, good luck on further development.

7. Ponzie

Ponzie Chieftain

Hi everyone. This project sounds great. Two things though:
    1) Is there a list of all changes in the mod somewhere? I can't find it.
    2) Any chance of getting this working on a Mac? I've tried downloading and installing as per the instructions on Github. But I just get a load of XML errors before the game stops loading and quits.

8. Nightinggale

Nightinggale Chieftain Supporter

You need to run the windows version in wine, bootcamp or similar. The reason is that Aspyr made a horrible mac port and it doesn't allow mods to use a custom DLL file. Sadly most good mods (this one included) wouldn't work without a modded DLL file. I tried looking into this issue, but it seems there is nothing we can do about it.

The reason you get xml errors is because the xml files are made for the DLL file belonging to the mod, not the vanilla one, which the mac version will always use regardless of what you tell it to do.

9. ryanmusante

ryanmusante Regular Supporter

Great name! It is like Civ 5 - Vox Populi. "voice of the people".

10. SadJohn

SadJohn Chieftain

Great news! Thanks for doing that work & good luck! Looking forward to try a release