Is this the way it's supposed to be or are these bugs?

dragonpunch

Chieftain
1.) I don't know if this is the way it's supposed to be, but the initial research is moving fast for some reason. Can anybody confirm this? For example, at Turn 0: it says Animal Husbandary will take 21 turns, then next turn it goes down to 14. Then next turn it goes down to 11 or 8 or something like that. This makes planning impossible. I don't know if this happens later in the game or not as I have not gone much farther in my game, but it seems to be happening since quite a few versions of civup.

2.) Another thing is that at turn 0, it mostly does not prompt for choosing a technology, this causes 1 turn to waste unless we choose a tech ourselves without prompting. It does prompt to choose research next turn if not chosen already. This problem is not present in the vanilla civ.

3.) I also noticed that first turn of producing an item in a city gives more production than is being produced. For example, while making a War Chariot, instead of getting 8 production I was getting 9 or 10 or 11 production. I think it happens with barracks as well as with quite a few other things. After the first turn of production of an item/unit, it resumes to normal production. In other words, there seems to be a production boost for the first turn of production of an item.

I'm getting the problem in #2 as well, and have been in the last handful of versions. Haven't paid close enough attention to notice the other 2 issues.

I'm getting the problem in #2 as well, and have been in the last handful of versions. Haven't paid close enough attention to notice the other 2 issues.

Thanks for the confirmation of problem #2. I always have to reload as I mostly forget to choose the research unless prompted. I don't think other mods are causing this problem, but it could be.

I use the following mods:
Unofficial Patch and Vanilla Enhanced (v 151)
City State Diplomacy Mod (v 28)
InfoAddict (v 16)
CivWillard (v 1)
Emigration (v 3)
Cultural Diffusion (v 10)
Great Works (v 3)
Tectonics (v 6)
TreeGrowth (v 4)
Ingame Editor (v 21)
Mod List (addin) (v 4)
Promotions Revised - Basic (v 2)
Chariot Archer to Crossbowman (v 1)
Balance - Crossbow upgrade to Cannon (v 1)
Better Japanese City Names (v 1)
Better Polynesian City Names (v 1)
Ethnic Diversity (v 12)
Ethnic Diversity - R.E.D. Unofficial (v 12)

#2 is the cause of #1, I'm pretty sure - I haven't noticed further discrepancies, but like Herex I haven't payed close attention.

#3 might be production overflow.

And #2 may be linked to the overall bug we've noticed lately. I had never seen it before, and now it seems to be there almost all the time.

Thanks for the confirmation of problem #2. I always have to reload as I mostly forget to choose the research unless prompted. I don't think other mods are causing this problem, but it could be.

I use the following mods:
Unofficial Patch and Vanilla Enhanced (v 151)
City State Diplomacy Mod (v 28)
InfoAddict (v 16)
CivWillard (v 1)
Emigration (v 3)
Cultural Diffusion (v 10)
Great Works (v 3)
Tectonics (v 6)
TreeGrowth (v 4)
Ingame Editor (v 21)
Mod List (addin) (v 4)
Promotions Revised - Basic (v 2)
Chariot Archer to Crossbowman (v 1)
Balance - Crossbow upgrade to Cannon (v 1)
Better Japanese City Names (v 1)
Better Polynesian City Names (v 1)
Ethnic Diversity (v 12)
Ethnic Diversity - R.E.D. Unofficial (v 12)

It's definitely not caused by other mods, as I'm not using any other mods at the moment. So yea... we can rule that one out. :)

#2 is the cause of #1, I'm pretty sure - I haven't noticed further discrepancies, but like Herex I haven't payed close attention.

#3 might be production overflow.

IF #3 is a production overflow similar to food overflow when a new person is born, then it is a very good thing. Next time I play, I will try to see if it makes sense.

Production overflow is exactly like food overflow - the only reason I phrased it with a "might" is because I didn't know if you were aware of overflow and thought this was a different issue (if that makes any sense). Since you weren't aware of it, I will definitively state that #3 is in fact production overflow.

Production overflow is exactly like food overflow - the only reason I phrased it with a "might" is because I didn't know if you were aware of overflow and thought this was a different issue (if that makes any sense). Since you weren't aware of it, I will definitively state that #3 is in fact production overflow.

Thank You Seek. Then it probably means #3 is definitely not a bug and is actually a good thing. If I see any discrepancy then I will post.

I've noticed a possible bug lately where a denouncing AI screen only has the text "they denounced us, we denounced them". Maybe some placeholder text in the code that was meant to be changed later on?

I did LOL when a war declaration turned up a while ago with "All your land will belong to us"......love the old gaming reference.

I've noticed a possible bug lately where a denouncing AI screen only has the text "they denounced us, we denounced them". Maybe some placeholder text in the code that was meant to be changed later on?

I did LOL when a war declaration turned up a while ago with "All your land will belong to us"......love the old gaming reference.

Yes, I see this text at least once in most games - "they denounced us, we denounced them" even though we never denounced them.

Top Bottom