Is this 'trade' a bug?

need my speed

Rex Omnium Imperarium
I mean... This isn't a trade, it's a demand - but it is a trade, judging by the possible responses.
What might be relevant to know is that I lost my supply of Ivory during this interturn - could Shaka be trying to trade Ivory to me? Could he have been trying to renew our trade (I'm not sure if I was getting Ivory from him, but, maybe), somehow?

upload_2020-12-5_19-6-39.png

It looks like to me that he was trading you something that he can't anymore, either because he lost the resource or you gained it.

Did you take the deal?:lol:

Did you take the deal?:lol:
I mean, he was pretty honest about his intentions; 'so that we can grow rich and powerful'. Unfortunately, he is in the Medieval era, and I just researched Replaceable Parts, so I am already sufficiently rich and powerful (despite the fact that the south-east Asian campaign is surprisingly tough, and that despite the fact that Persia's (in gold) main army should be stuck in Europe and that I got the Hittites (the pale sick colour in the Middle-East) to declare war on Persia).

But yes, that seems likely. How odd. :)

I mean... This isn't a trade, it's a demand - but it is a trade, judging by the possible responses.
What might be relevant to know is that I lost my supply of Ivory during this interturn - could Shaka be trying to trade Ivory to me? Could he have been trying to renew our trade (I'm not sure if I was getting Ivory from him, but, maybe), somehow?

View attachment 577513
what map / scenario is this??

The name Shaka kaSenzangakhona is very long, may be too long. Can it be, that there was no more place in the trading-screen for the offer of that ruler. :think: Did you have any normal trades with that ruler in the game ?

what map / scenario is this??
An Earth map I downloaded somewhere, with my own starting locations so that the new world will be crowded with relatively small civilisations, while the old world will be dominated by a few large civilisations, with my own rules (custom city names, custom leader names and titles, custom civilisation colours, slight modifications to certain units and improvements, no corruption, no tech trading until Industrial techs I think, and some other changes).

The name Shaka kaSenzangakhona is very long, may be too long. Can it be, that there was no more place in the trading-screen for the offer of that ruler. :think: Did you have any normal trades with that ruler in the game ?
I traded with him before, so the name should not push the text on the other side away, no. Smart idea though! :)

Top Bottom