1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Is this 'trade' a bug?

Discussion in 'Civ3 - General Discussions' started by need my speed, Dec 5, 2020.

1. need my speed

need my speed Rex Omnium Imperarium

I mean... This isn't a trade, it's a demand - but it is a trade, judging by the possible responses.
    What might be relevant to know is that I lost my supply of Ivory during this interturn - could Shaka be trying to trade Ivory to me? Could he have been trying to renew our trade (I'm not sure if I was getting Ivory from him, but, maybe), somehow?

upload_2020-12-5_19-6-39.png

2. CKS

CKS Deity

It looks like to me that he was trading you something that he can't anymore, either because he lost the resource or you gained it.

Did you take the deal?:lol:

Knightfall likes this.
  3. need my speed

I mean, he was pretty honest about his intentions; 'so that we can grow rich and powerful'. Unfortunately, he is in the Medieval era, and I just researched Replaceable Parts, so I am already sufficiently rich and powerful (despite the fact that the south-east Asian campaign is surprisingly tough, and that despite the fact that Persia's (in gold) main army should be stuck in Europe and that I got the Hittites (the pale sick colour in the Middle-East) to declare war on Persia).

But yes, that seems likely. How odd. :)

Knightfall likes this.
  4. Theov

Theov Deity

what map / scenario is this??

5. Civinator

Civinator Blue Lion Supporter

The name Shaka kaSenzangakhona is very long, may be too long. Can it be, that there was no more place in the trading-screen for the offer of that ruler. :think: Did you have any normal trades with that ruler in the game ?

6. need my speed

An Earth map I downloaded somewhere, with my own starting locations so that the new world will be crowded with relatively small civilisations, while the old world will be dominated by a few large civilisations, with my own rules (custom city names, custom leader names and titles, custom civilisation colours, slight modifications to certain units and improvements, no corruption, no tech trading until Industrial techs I think, and some other changes).

I traded with him before, so the name should not push the text on the other side away, no. Smart idea though! :)

7. Kirejara

Kirejara King

I had once in my own custom game a double version of this glitch.

Interesting Screenshots

I have since then not encountered this glitch again.