1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Is town hall required in order to grow rebel sentiment ?

Discussion in 'Civ4Col - Age of Discovery II' started by vsipinen, Jun 6, 2009.

1. vsipinen

vsipinen Chieftain

I was playing the new version of the Age of Discovery II, when I noticed strange thing (at least to me it seems to be strange): I had elder statesman in the village hall long time - and normal colonist before that - but the rebel sentiment did not grow at all. The rebel sentiment of all colonists in the city remained at 0%. However I think that immediately after I completed building town hall, the rebel sentiment started to grow quite rabidly - during just few turns rebel sentiment of all colonists had growed by couple of percents (some had at least 4% rebel sentiment). The difference seems to be quite dramatic - is that normal ? Should the rebel sentiment have grown also before the town hall was built ?

2. craigdh

craigdh Chieftain

I think a certain 'critical mass' of bells must be generated before rebel sentiment starts rising. It usually doesn't start moving significantly until you have a printing press as well.

3. RTSCombatForCiv

RTSCombatForCiv Chieftain

Do you need to create bells in every city in order to raise RS and declare Independance? Does everyone of your colonists need 50% RS?

4. Bridger

Bridger Chieftain

No reply to this eh? I had the same question. I thought it was a bug. 50+ turns of elder statesmen and not a single percentage point change. I hadn't thought that maybe it needs a critical mass....

5. Androrc the Orc

Androrc the Orc Chieftain

The rebel sentiment doesn't simply grow by a certain % each turn depending on the bells, it also has a cap depending on the number of bells produced and the city population IIRC.