1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Is Trump mentally unfit for the presidency to the point that he ought be removed from office?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Perfection, Aug 21, 2017.

?

Is Trump mentally unfit for the presidency to the point that he ought be removed from office?

1. Yes

57.1%
  2. No

42.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Perfection

Perfection The Great Head.

I saw this headline of on CNN:

http://money.cnn.com/2017/08/20/media/trump-carl-bernstein-reliable-sources/index.html

And I immediately had to ask you smartypants intellectual cats on CFC

Is it to the point that we should override the electoral will of the people (well kinda sorta the people, it's not like he won the popular vote) and say no Trump, you lack the mental capabilities needed to comprehend the sheer responsibility your presidency entails.

2. Arent11

Arent11 King

Actually, my friends/neighbors all talk about how Angela Merkel is mentally unstable & should be removed from office :p

Kyriakos likes this.
  3. EnglishEdward

EnglishEdward Deity

The last time this topic came up I made comparisons to mad King George III which were I think
    perceived as so potentially inflamatory that the mods prudently moved that to a separate thread.

To be honest, I doubt that POTUS Donald Trump is currently certifiable as mentally unstable.
    He, like many of us, merely has character flaws which if anything are for him persistently stable,
    in so much as his behaviour as president is consistent with that when TV personality and candidate.

Looking to see how long the lame duck Donald as President show will continue.

4. Ryika

Ryika Lazy Wannabe Artista

Man, that would be amazing if she were to become really unstable. Germany might even free itself from her grip and go back to having elections with more than one party!

@topic:

Depends on what exactly is meant with "mental capabilities". The claims in that Fake News Network article are really vague, and unsubstantiated, so what do we really have to go with? His impulsiveness and lack of civility? Well, those were qualities that got him elected in the first place, qualities that many people hold, so in that case i would say no. If his mental state is declining on the other hand, then that might be another story. Of course, such a decision would have to be made by the people close to him.

However, at the same time.. looking at America from the outside, it looks like all of you have gone completely insane and lost your minds, so maybe he's the president you deserve.

Yeekim likes this.
  5. GoodSarmatian

GoodSarmatian Jokerfied Western Male

Trump is already descending into dementia. His shrinking vocabulary, his overuse of general terms like things, all the little moments when he aimlessly wanders around or walks off. It all adds up, and his father suffered from alzheimer's disease.

Unfortunately he's a Republican, so it's very difficult to be really sure.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2017
  6. Zkribbler

Zkribbler Deity

A Democratic Congresswoman has introduced a resolution calling for Pence to requite Trump to submit to a mental exam as part of a 25th Amendment proceeding.

7. Kyriakos

Kyriakos Alien spiral maker

I am afraid that this may be building up to an actual territorial schism in the US. With Trump being the more than just obvious catalyst; yet not the actual cause.
    I mean... in most countries, if you ever get a Trump as leader, the result will be to have a critical mass trying to defend the actual country and try to wait it out. While i can accept that it is also partly positive that in the US the reaction to this is more passionate, the fact remains that you aren't in a country which has election laws to allow for declaring a fresh election if there is a crisis. So your options are very few, and suck as well (Pence for the remaining 3 years being the main one).
    There is also another terrible issue with all this: the US invades and bombs others even when under the usual cabal of oligarchs, and i'd like to hope that ever increasing tensions won't lead to an even more massive wag-the-dog war now.

8. Zelig

Zelig Beep Boop

What's the practical difference between this and someone who was just unintelligent to start?

9. El_Machinae

El_Machinae Colour vision since 2018 Retired Moderator

People elected for the dumb guy

10. Pokurcz

Pokurcz Emperor

• Warned for inciting illegal action.
    He should be shot during this week or all Ameracans look like Nazis.... this year at the latest. Figuratively speaking...

Moderator Action: Figuratively speaking, CFC heavily frowns upon any type of advocacy that entails the murder of a US president. Please do not make posts like this again. -Vincour
    Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2017
  11. Aleksey_aka_al

Aleksey_aka_al Smiley

Or maybe he's not just dumb, but also genetically inferior to be there? Maybe, he doesn't even deserve all the billions he owns, right? And maybe he should be beheaded after all?

Moderator Action: Again, no sarcastic rhetoric about killing the US president is allowed. - Bootstoots
    Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2017
  12. Valka D'Ur

Valka D'Ur Hosting Iron Pen in A&E Retired Moderator

What some people are saying elsewhere, is that if you don't get him out of there (the presidency), your country is probably going to end up in a civil war, if not a war with another country. And since Canada happens to be geographically situated between your country and at least one that you might end up at war with, we'd prefer you didn't go to war, kthxbai.

Every time Trump opens his mouth about some other classification of people he wants to deport, they start coming over our border. Illegally, in most cases. Canada is a friendly, welcoming country, but there's only so much of that to go around. It's especially distressing when there are little kids involved and farmers are finding dead people on their land.

@Zelig: Alzheimers does NOT equal unintelligent people. :nono:

Anyone can develop Alzheimers or dementia, and it doesn't mean they're stupid, it means their brains aren't functioning properly. There is something that is preventing them from accessing their memories, their vocabulary, their ability to know what the correct actions are (ie. not wandering off after starting the stove).

My grandmother died of Alzheimer's. She was not a stupid woman. My dad has had dementia for 10 years. He was - and is - not a stupid man.

Trump may have dementia; he certainly shows some of the symptoms. Whether or not he's stupid... I'd say so, but that's a separate issue.

13. Zelig

Zelig Beep Boop

I didn't claim it was. I asked about the practical difference would those conditions be present in the person in the position of the presidency.

14. onejayhawk

onejayhawk Afflicted with reason

How is this thread different from the other half dozen dating back two plus years? If anything the cries for impeachment have faded.

That was only California and it was quickly seen as unworkable. One part of the problem is that about half the land area of California is directly owned by the federal government, not privately or by the State of California. This include almost all the snow mass and water reservoirs. California has 22,000,000 people in the San Diego-Los Angeles megacity, functionally all of which is desert.

J

Last edited: Aug 21, 2017
  15. Perfection

Perfection The Great Head.

To my knowledge this question hasn't been asked here in the context of 25th ammendmemt invocation.

16. warpus

warpus In pork I trust

Guys, it's been clear for a while now, the guy's a moron. He's not ill, he's not mentally ill, he's just a moron. Why is it taking so long for people to come to terms with this?

17. Lexicus

Lexicus Deity

I think removing him from office on the basis of mental health would at this point set a dangerous precedent of calling anything that doesn't conform to "acceptable" politics a disqualifying mental impairment. Note, I put "at this point" because it's possible that his public behavior could make this concern irrelevant. At any rate I don't believe he should be removed from office unless the American people want to remove him from office.

18. Hrothbern

Hrothbern Deity

Agree very much

As long as the immediate danger (like NK) is contained, the "how" of Trump no longer be President is more important than be hasty.
    Whereby noted that the GOP holds more cards to pick the opportune moment (including pushing a silent resignation) and the make up of the story, than the Dems.

19. Zelig

Zelig Beep Boop

While I don't dispute that he is, and always has been a moron, I don't think it's implausible that he's also dealing with dementia.

20. warpus

warpus In pork I trust

I mean, his demeanor is exactly the same as it was during the election campaign or a year before that.

People elected a moron and now they're wondering why he's acting like one...

LucyDuke and El_Machinae like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.