1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Is Trump mentally unfit for the presidency to the point that he ought be removed from office?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Perfection, Aug 21, 2017.

?

Is Trump mentally unfit for the presidency to the point that he ought be removed from office?

1. Yes

57.1%
  2. No

42.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OldBoomer

OldBoomer Warlord

Losing sucks. His tactics work. Call it what it is.

Pretending that he's a preschooler really doesn't do anything for us. In fact it makes us look even worse because we've failed to beat him on a single issue. It's been a year long vacay to Pound Town with no end in sight. No one trusts the media anymore after the election, our party loonies have made fools out of us all with their over the top rhetoric, we're treated like laughing stocks, Hollywood's reputation is crumbling and it's full of rapists, molesters, and pedophiles, and the Democratic Party is being run into the ground by Crazy Maxine Waters and Nancy Pelosi both of whom don't know what country they're in, or who the president is on a good day, so if you want to pretend that the president is a kindergartner then go right ahead, but at best that makes us his crying classmate who just had all of their toys stolen by Trump who has no remorse and doesn't give two ****s! We haven't won on a single issue yet, so how the hell does anyone think we're going to be able to remove him from office? These kinds of threads are nothing but therapy sessions without the puppies. /end rant

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
    Mechanicalsalvation likes this.
  2. hobbsyoyo

hobbsyoyo Deity

Then go away?

3. Gori the Grey

Gori the Grey The Poster

Obamacare?

4. OldBoomer

OldBoomer Warlord

If you think that was one of our wins you're mistaken. The house Republicans made that happen and I wouldn't bet any money on this being settled either.

I prefer not to, but thanks anyway.

5. metatron

metatron unperson

1. The M. Obama inspired school lunch guideline is wonderful. It's essentially based on "nutritional science" from a Cosmo article in '86. So it must be great.

2. Shortening the school day would be terrible. Short school day, that's what third world countries like Germany and Finland do.
    Terrible.

3. I reaffirm my doubts regarding Trump's ability to read at any adult level.
    Imagine for whatever reason they'd have to drop the pretense tomorrow and come clean about him having some sort of condition...
    I mean that's the premise of the thread, isn't it? Him being, basically, disabled.

6. Berzerker

Berzerker Deity

I need more Oliver than once a week

I like Jeff Jefferies

edit: thats Jim Jefferies

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
  7. Zkribbler

Zkribbler Deity

I disagree. He's lying a lot more now (9 times per day at last count).
    IMHO, he used to know he was lying. Now, he believes his own lies.

8. Ziggy Stardust

Ziggy Stardust New Englander

So non-Americans can still call him out for the preschooler he is? With added smugness for being in neither the camp that voted for the imbecile nor in the camp that lost to the imbecile.

I like your thinking :)

9. Mechanicalsalvation

Mechanicalsalvation -

• It is never appropriate to suggest that another poster is stupid or disabled.
    You call a man who singlehandedly beaten whole political establisment with majority of MSM against him and with much less money then his opponents an imbecile? You must be a genius of imbecility!

Moderator Action: It is never appropriate to suggest that another poster is stupid or disabled. ~ Arakhor
    Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2017
  10. Broken_Erika

Broken_Erika Nothing

It was the masses of morons chanting "One of Us! One of Us! One of Us!" who got him into office.

11. Mechanicalsalvation

Mechanicalsalvation -

1/2 of US voters are morons becouse they didnt vote for the most corrupt candidate who rigged the primaries and didnt represent these people in any way plus didnt stand up for anything? I guess moron means someone with common sense in your dictionary.

12. Birdjaguar

Birdjaguar Hanafubuki Retired Moderator Supporter

No. 61 million Americans voted for the moron. The reasons people voted for who they did are quite numerous and different. Trump is not a genius. He is a bully and a liar: the flotsam burped up by a flood tide of dissatisfaction with government we have in this country. The ebb is coming and I suspect it will carry him out with it.

13. Mechanicalsalvation

Mechanicalsalvation -

Trump may be number of "bad things" bad it seems to me he isnt so much keen on hiding them as is the ussual norm. On the top of that he isnt just bad as some people try to portray him. If anything this man is displaying tremendous poise and capacity for leadership. To be able to tap into "the political market and social environment" to find out what can make you a success isnt particulary bad quality either but its only in combination with strong will, perseverence, self-confidence and hard work that you can make that happen especially when you have the kind of out of ordinary opposition Trump had and is still facing.
    I know its easy to see things one-sidedly and our mental approach is in love with oversimplifications but if you want real rounded truth of things and to be able to learn something instead of just waiting for the ebb to come then more plasticity in thinking and more balanced approach is needed.
    On my part I suspect when the ebb is gone many things in politics will be unlike before and not totally inspite of Trump but likely himself being an instrument of change. And that is a good and great thing. I think Bernie couldnt bring about the needed change not to speak of Hillary and thats why I think of Trump as a sort of accidental genius...

14. Birdjaguar

I am sorry, but Trump is terrible at every level. He only has his own personal agenda. He has no agenda for the nation other than to personally benefit from being president and to tear gaping holes in the existing structure of government: make government disfunctional and open to corruption. Our best hope is that he will continue to disrupt the Republican agenda and allow one of the houses of congress to revert to Democrat control. In the long run, good may come of this, but at the moment, it looks like the pain will come first.

15. Mechanicalsalvation

Mechanicalsalvation -

No I am sorry, becouse I was under impression from your previous post that the government was already disfunctional and corrupt and thats why Trump was voted in as some sort of hope for change of that course. That impression I got also from the fact that the already corrupted establisment has unisono turned against Trump with its MSM puppets and fake news propaganda.
    My impression is also reinforced by the observation that even after quite long perriod of time Trump (as a great corrupter in your eyes) is unable struck deal with the establishment which should be fairly easy (as we have witnessed even an idiot can be a potus) unless he is putting some real fight on against the corrupt system.
    So I have some potentially good news for you:
    1. Either Trump is just some new form of the old corrupted system in which infighting is going on and hopefully the two forces are going to exhaust itself in the process and so allow to be overtaken by something more possitive and progressive.
    2. Trump is actually posing some serious treath to the corrupted established system in which case you should lend him at least your partial and conditioned support.
    In either of these scenarios Trump is more or less directly and more or less consciously helping to bring about change you and the people who voted for him were looking for.

16. El_Machinae

El_Machinae Colour vision since 2018 Retired Moderator

You seem to think that Trump is some type of chemotherapeutic for the cancer. Kills the host, but crossing our fingers that it kills the cancer faster. He more comes across as the desperate expensive therapy that people partake of because they spent too much time believing in praying to crystals.

hobbsyoyo and rah like this.
  17. Broken_Erika

Broken_Erika Nothing

I always thought of Trump as more of a "Political Suicide Bomber"

18. Birdjaguar

The US government per se is not dysfunctional. It is perhaps overly bureaucratic and slow and inefficient; it is our political parties that are corrupt and dysfunctional. They both (but more so the Republicans) game the system to the extreme in order to create a single party government. In the past there was a two party push pull struggle that respected the need for an opposition and compromise. Several things happened in the 1990s. The end of the fairness doctrine gave rise to single party focus and the rise of right wing talk radio that has been somewhat balanced by left wing counter parts. Fox news then followed and birthed MSNBC et al. It was the rise of polarization and an unwillingness to compromise. Rush Limbaugh: politics as entertainment. That was followed by money as speech and a new emphasis on gerrymandering states to solidify there red or blue coloring. The Republicans have been better at these then the Democrats. they have to be because the changing demographics of the country will oust them if they don't diminish democracy in favor of partisan manipulation. Rather than change their policies and positions to fit the changing attitudes in the population, they have opted to change the system to keep themselves in power.

hobbsyoyo likes this.
  19. rah

rah Deity Supporter

Staying in power is the bedrock principle for almost every politician since the beginning of time. Many different paths have been taken to accomplish this but the end goal has always been the same.

20. Birdjaguar

Yes, and it should be difficult and not a question of money or manipulation of districts and voting rights.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.