1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Is Vox Populi still compatible with JFD's Rise to Power?

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Authopius, Apr 11, 2018.

1. Auramagma

Auramagma Chieftain

Thanks for this. The reason I've added CBO in to my install is because I want some features from it, i.e. Happiness, Pathfinder as a starting unit and new Policies (except for Piety, which makes sense to load from JFDLC)... I've already removed, what I didn't need, i.e. Tech Tree, Buildings, Piety changes.

P.S. This morning, managed to break SuperIntelligence load somehow. It still loads, but icons disappeared from the tech tree. Possibly caching issue. Too many experiments. :)

Reverted to the previous version and it seems to be OK now, but I don't remember, what the changes were. So, if I want to actually do anything more with it, perhaps it would be a good idea to put all of this under version control, otherwise, I start loosing track of what is happening... :)

BTW, Investing in Petra (and building it) worked for me. But the game crashed later I think it didn't find amber or something related to amber. Extra Luxuries might've been loaded incorrectly.

Wishful thinking, when I have time, may be never... :D :

0. Fix the setup above, it has bugs as pointed earlier in this thread... It would be good to actually build MP from it. Currently even CP + Cultural Diversity + JFDLC is building, but then there are no buildings loaded...

1. to implement one more Victory condition, i.e. Happiness, which would trigger when 80% of population of the world and 80% of your and your allies population is happy.

2. add Future Worlds to the current setup. Add 3 new Ideologies to be available in the Future era only. And tie units, buildings and a specific victory condition (i.e. completion of Special Superproject) to those ideologies. Take units, buildings and ideology ideas from Alpha Centauri civs mod.

The idea is that whichever faction, which follows Alpha Centauri ideology wins, it stays on Earth, the rest will have to go to space to find another planet. :)

P.S.S. Future Worlds seems to be quite incompatible with Steampunk era. But the tech tree viewer merges them more or less OK, so it might be not that much work to bring them together.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2018
  2. FarmerCreeper

FarmerCreeper Chieftain

Hey Auramagma, I was wondering if you found a solution to merging Future Worlds with the Steampunk Era. Thanks!

3. Alexej

Alexej Prince

Now I am not sure is this mod combination you posted working without problems trough the mods in game and there is only problem when creating modpack or it doesnt work flawlessly?

4. Auramagma

Auramagma Chieftain

It works through approximately first 70 turns, but then there could be issues I haven't encountered. So, I suspect, that it mostly works, but will crash occasionally. I had to remove parts of CBO and JFDLC in some cases and leave only one version of changes, i.e with buildings changes I've kept JFDLC version since CBO conflicted with it.

5. Auramagma

Auramagma Chieftain

BTW, if anyone still interested... I have figured out what caused the city development not to be displayed correctly - it was Superintelligence mod. I have disabled it from the list of the mods and now it is all seems to be fine.

6. Cat-du-fromage

Cat-du-fromage Warlord

OH! may you post this version here? i always wanted to test rise to power with vox populi!

7. Auramagma

Auramagma Chieftain

Well, let me ask permissions from the mods owners... I will probably upload zip with all of the mods I have, not sure where though. Perhaps to download section and then put the link here.

TBH, I have just tried 70 turns and it works just fine. No crashes. Someone said that it crashes when he had built Petra, I've tried that and it worked for me. I actually haven't seen a single bug yet, apart from cosmetic lines from the tech tree not connected to anything. I can remove them at some point, but it doesn't affect the current gameplay.

Note though that versions of JFDLC and Vox Populi (and the rest of the mods) are year old...

8. Auramagma

Auramagma Chieftain

Ok, so here we go. Here is the LINK To File with several integrated mods or overhaul game play changes. The biggest would be CP + CBO and JFDLC plus the list of mods (see below). Both CP + CBO and JFDLC are year+ old versions. JFDLC is depreciated and has been replaced with standalone releases of its constituent components.

I have made some compatibility and bug fixing changes, but they do not alter any of the mods in a significant manner.

I would love to make this a Mod Pack, but unfortunately was unable to fix the issue when the game is saved in the broken state, when MP is created.

If you are going to use this, then please let me know, how was your experience, but note once again, that any mod versions in that archive are unsupported, so if you encounter problems, I will try to help, but there is no guarantee that I will be able to and the owners of the mods won't be addressing these issues either.

Spoiler :

(1) Community Patch (v 88)
    (2) Community Balance Overhaul (v 13)
    (3) City-State Diplomacy Mod for CBP (v 27)
    (4) C4DF - CBP (v 11)
    (5) More Luxuries - CBO Edition (5-14b) (v 155)
    (BNW) Leugi's Barbarian Inmersion Enhancements (v 1)
    (Z) Change VP Options (v 1)
    Buildings - Upgrade System (v 12)
    Caravans Build Roads (v 1)
    Cistern and Marina - New Buildings (v 2)
    City States Evolved (v 3)
    Civilization Selection Bonus Tooltips (v 3)
    Community Patch Mod Compatibility (v 14)
    Enhanced Naval Warfare for Vox Populi (v 1)
    Ethnic Diversity Unit Pack (v 29)
    Ethnic Diversity Unit Pack for Mods (v 29)
    Extra Victory Conditions (v 1)
    Fortress Borders - Outposts (v 6)
    Global - Civilians Move After Purchase (v 2)
    Global - UP (v 1)
    Global Relations (v 7)
    Global Warming (v 7)
    Great Spy (Brave New World) (v 17)
    Hex Conquer and Release (v 3)
    Industrial Building Pack (v 2)
    JFDLC (07) - JFD's Cultural Diversity (Core) (v 16)
    JFDLC (8) - JFD's Rise to Power (v 55)
    Leadership Reformation (v 4)
    More Unique Components for VP (v 28)
    National Parks (v 1)
    National Wonder Collection (v 3)
    Neolithic Wonders (v 1)
    PerfectWorld3 - Updated (v 5)
    Promotion Overhaul for VP (v 2)
    Promotions - Expansion Pack (v 9)
    Quick Turns (v 10)
    Reforestation (v 9)
    Steampunk Era and Cybernetic Dawn (v 12)
    Strategic Buildings Pack (v 2)
    Sukritact's Events and Decisions (v 3)
    Sukritact's Suzerainty (v 1)
    UI - Small Resource Icons (v 4)
    Wonder Race (v 7)

9. JNZS13

JNZS13 Warlord

Nice work whit this pack and bug fixes. And merge rtp and vp.
    But Sukritact's Suzerainty diplo missions are broke. Show 0 gold for missions. I think is a comp problem whit C4DF - CBP/ City-State Diplomacy Mod for CBP.

Anyway..this pack is great, cheers!

10. Auramagma

Auramagma Chieftain

Thank you for your feedback!
    Yeah, I think it is a common issue, with that diplomacy dialog. It is not broken I think, but removed by design (so that you won't get an option to pay gold for these diplomatic missions), but removing them completely from the menu is not trivial and is left as is...

11. Auramagma

Auramagma Chieftain

Tried to integrate Hulfgar's mod pack. It seems to be possible, but requires care. Got tired and screwed the whole thing. Need to put it under version control.

12. JNZS13

JNZS13 Warlord

13. Auramagma

Auramagma Chieftain

I can try Historical Religions, but I vaguely remember that at some point it was considered not quite compatible with later versions of JFDLC.
    Emigration worked somewhat for me before, but it makes things unstable and crashing. So, instead of trying to fix it, I've removed it. But I can give it a try at some point.

14. anastazjasz

anastazjasz Chieftain

How does emmigration mod works? Unhappy pops are leaving somewhere?

15. Auramagma

Auramagma Chieftain

From mod description: For each city a prosperity value is calculated each turn. It is composed of empire's happiness, local (city) happiness, number of social policies and productivity. Productivity is a sum of various city's outputs (food, production, faith, great people points etc) divided by number of citizens. The formula is: 0.1 * happiness + 0.1 * localHappiness + 0.2 * productivity + 0.05 * numberOfPolicies. For every city there is a chanse that at the next turn one of its citizens will move to another city which has a higher prosperity value (if such a city exists). This chance depends on the current era and the source city's population. If there are more than one possible destinations for emigration, preference is given to relatively more prosperous and closer cities. For cities of the same civilization distance is not considered so, all other conditions being the same, internal migration is more likely.

16. YINGCHENG

YINGCHENG Warlord

Can you help me to find a workable version of Corporation mod that can be compatible with JFDLC & CP? Thanks in advance.

17. Auramagma

Auramagma Chieftain

I guess you are asking to make JFDLC working with CP (CBO) with Corporations? Corporations are part of CP (CBO), but I had to delete that folder from my install since it created some problems (don't remember which exactly), possibly problems with the Ideology screen and I think it also was producing Corporations pop-up in the beginning of the game.

18. YINGCHENG

YINGCHENG Warlord

Corporation is my favourite part of CBP, and I hope I can have a chance to play it along with JFDLC. If you have plans of adding more features of CBP in your mod pack, please take corporation into consideration. Thanks.

19. Wilhelm song

Wilhelm song Chieftain

Can you incorporate the 43 civ or the 62 civ dll into this modpack?

20. Wilhelm song

Wilhelm song Chieftain

Also, can you try to include the Civic and Reform mod? I heard that it doesn’t work with JFDLC, can you try to fix it?