Is WC3 any good?

Exsanguination

No longer here
Well, is it? I'm looking for a game to complement my civ3 experience (civ3 is the only game I own besides Twinsen's Oddyssey; beat that one about 5 times :)). I've played WC1 and WC2 and they were both pretty fun. Is the third installment worth the $40? Please give me your opinions.

Also, if you can reccomend any other games for me to try, please do. I am very stingy when it comes to video games - I only buy one if it is absolutely amazing (ie, Civ3). I don't like to spend $40+ on games that aren't worth it.

Also, is the Myst trilogy any good?

definetly the single player is pretty good and the mulitplayer rocks (its EXTREMELY competetive though) and its very fast paced a quick 1 second menouver can win/lose yout he game if not doen fast enough but thats half the fun :)

bah, you just suck ass at the game. Once you figure out the build order you can beat the puter. People used to say that about the puter in Starcraft. I have beaten up to 6 computers in a 6 v me game (not ffa), back when I played 3 hours a day.

Well, the IA is quite strong. If you play 1vs1 against computer, it's very aggressive. If you are 2 humans against 1 computer player, what a surprise, it stays very quiet in its base making a lot of defence buildings. But well, if you don't like War3, then maybe you can always play another game that also ends with a 3... C**3 ;)

Its okay if you're just playing to have fun, but competitive ladder/tournies are a joke. The game was more balanced in beta. :(

Starcraft/Broodwar is really a much better game, but i just can't pull myself back to it after those pretty 3d graphics. :crazyeye:

War3 was really dumbed down and made more newbie friendly from starcraft, the visible differences between good players and pros are hardly noticable and a good portion of the time the game can even be luck based on item drops.

Probably the biggest issue though is the repetitiveness. If you're playing ladder or anything competitively theres really only a handful of viable openings for each race. The early game is almost always identical, and (especially in the case of the orcs) large portions of your tech-tree aren't viable if you are playing to win.

This is speaking in terms of 1v1 play. Teamplay on the other hand is great, while still a bit repetitive, the games are much more intense. The only problem is, the latest War3 patch broke the "share units" option, and there doesn't seem to be a fix for it in sight. :rolleyes:

Though for all i put it down, i've still played more hours than i'd care to admit, and it was more the latest patch that made me decide to take a break from it, than the out of the box, general gameplay. IMO i still got much more than my $60 worth, and i'd definitly reccommend it.

Top Bottom