Is what I've heard about bisexuality true?

Cheezy the Wiz said:
You are of course operating under the asumption that sexuality is something over which we have no control.
Indeed I am.

I never once made a decision to like women. To find their hips and breasts and all that good stuff alluring. Thier voices, the way they walk. The primal urge to ravish them. First I would take off thei... oh excuse me :blush:

Anyway, I have never met one person EVER (hetero or homosexual) who recalls "deciding" to be attracted to either men or women. Have you?

I think we are all sexual and "decide" who we don't find attractive.

Narz said:
Indeed I am.

I never once made a decision to like women. To find their hips and breasts and all that good stuff alluring. Thier voices, the way they walk. The primal urge to ravish them. First I would take off thei... oh excuse me :blush:

Anyway, I have never met one person EVER (hetero or homosexual) who recalls "deciding" to be attracted to either men or women. Have you?
Perhaps it is more a decision to NOT be attracted to men (or women, as the case may be). Perhaps it is that we are taught, either by our parents or by society, to be one way or another.

You asked me if I decided to like women? Well no, but that's because it's instinctive to be attracted to the opposite sex, as that is our method of procreation, if such an instinct was not programmed into us, we would not persist as a species. I think the rest of my opinion on that can be divulged through a proccess of elimination and following through logically.

Cheezy the Wiz said:
You asked me if I decided to like women? Well no, but that's because it's instinctive to be attracted to the opposite sex

And you know.. if you were gay you'd find it instinctive to be attracted to the same sex.

Congratulations, you've just figured out how sexual orientation works!

warpus said:
And you know.. if you were gay you'd find it instinctive to be attracted to the same sex.

Congratulations, you've just figured out how sexual orientation works!
No, if I was gay, then it would be by choice and not by instinct. Instinct is what preserves our species. Homosexual relations cannot produce offspring, so it's not instinctive to be attracted to the opposite sex, it's only weakness of character that allows such a perversion to take place. Thus it is unnatural, and therefore a choice.

Cheezy the Wiz said:
No, if I was gay, then it would be by choice and not by instinct. Instinct is what preserves our species. Homosexual relations cannot produce offspring, so it's not instinctive to be attracted to the opposite sex, it's only weakness of character that allows such a perversion to take place. Thus it is unnatural, and therefore a choice.
Then how do you explain gay animals?

Well, some people say homosexuality is a choice and some say its a genetic thing :mischief:.

of course, being gay is a choice. Most gays wake up one morning and think, hmm, I don't feel hated enough. I think I'm gonna be gay, so that I can be hated by bigots around the world for it, can be called derisive names and can be discriminated against. :ack:

Abaddon said:
How could anyone answer such a question?

By knowing more than 2 bisexuals in real life? It's not that difficult with a bit of experience.

Of course, if you want to scream "WEIRDO!" and run a mile when you encounter something strange, that's your choice.

Yoda Power said:
Then how do you explain gay animals?

Its nonsence/ practice for hetrosexual relationships.

CruddyLeper said:
By knowing more than 2 bisexuals in real life? It's not that difficult with a bit of experience.

Of course, if you want to scream "WEIRDO!" and run a mile when you encounter something strange, that's your choice.

Know more than two and you can stereotype an entire group.. i hope you doing do this with other distinguishing features in people... say,i know more than 2 red heads.. and they are all rude = red=rude.. nah.

And im not sure if you were directing at me.. but i have no problem with hetro/homo/bi at all...no soapbox for me :)

skadistic said:
I think we are all sexual and "decide" who we don't find attractive.
This resonates as being true to me. I have no proof but my gut

Cheezy the Wiz said:

I encourage you to examine the science of left-handedness; the cause and the evolutionary support to maintain the genetic ability. The genetic support for homosexuality seems to be very similar. Remember, "homosexuals make good uncles".

They both are 'errant behaviour', but both actually have evolutionary support. Evolutionary strength can be gained by having strong and prosperous families, the genes can be carried through the nephews and neices - if they thrive. And they're more likely to thrive if they're not competing with cousins, but teaming up to compete against others.

To assume, de facto, that it's a 'perversion' because it's "unlikely to produce offspring" is doing yourself a disservice. You're setting yourself up to never actually understand the issue. Only a small minority of people claim to 'choose' their sexuality, a very small minority. It's not enough to label the whole crew.

Drool4Res-pect said:
I've heard that bisexual people are less shallow than other people and less caring about looks and sex because that fact that somebody's bisexual means they are attracted to people, not their genders and the sexual things they can do with them. I don't belive that, I think bisexual people are just like the rest of us, but is this true?
I generally find bisexual people to be the most glamourous!

Cheezy the Wiz said:

This must be a record for the largest number of non-sequiturs to grace such a short post.

BCLG100 said:
I heard that bisexuals were from the planet zog and had antlers......

i mean seriously what were you thinking???? why would you even possibly consider that bisexuals should have thoughts any different than the rest of us???
I don't belive it just making sure. Sheesh, why do people always take it the wrong way when i say something taboo.:cry:

Top Bottom