Is worker stealing harder in Warlords?

The-Hawk

Old Original Geezer
I'm still pretty new to Warlords, sorry if this has been answered already.

In Vanilla, worker stealing was a very dependable thing to do. You find a worker that is a couple of tiles from its city and grab it. As long as your warrior is not killed by an AI archer, you can easily make peace with the AI as soon as she/he is willing to talk to you.

I tried this approach in a recent Emperor level Warlords game. I was able to steal workers from two AIs, did not lose my warrior either time. However, neither AI was willing to make peace with me (similar to an AI in Vanilla who kills your warrior).

Does anyone know if AI behavior with respect to worker steals was changed in warlords?

I think its harder because they have no movement points after you capture them.

This is new to me... how do you capture a worker? All I've ever been able to do is kill them. Unless they are in a city that I capture, then I get the workers too.
Thanks for the tip.
Amy

Does anyone know if AI behavior with respect to worker steals was changed in warlords?

That really depends on the AI leader. Some, like Napoleon, Tokugawa et al, need to lose some units before they are ready for peace.

aslindy said:
This is new to me... how do you capture a worker?

Just engage in combat like with any other unit, move your unit into the same tile. You automatically capture the worker, as it has 0 :strength: and cannot defend itself.

Should it be called "worker robbing" or "worker hijacking" instead?

Mechanically, what happens is the game 'destroys' the worker that belonged to your enemy and then 'creates' a new one that belongs to you. That is why you get the "Your [unit] has destroyed a worker message".

The only way to actually destroy the worker (should you want to prevent your opponent from recapturing it), is to manually select the unit and delete it.

The only way to actually destroy the worker (should you want to prevent your opponent from recapturing it), is to manually select the unit and delete it.

people love to do this in multi

Top Bottom