Isaac & Caravans 860AD

What is our Current Grand Strategy?

• A. Keep Tax 30%, Max Science 70% ? (R)

Votes: 10 100.0%
  • A. Bump Tax other%, we only have $512 gold, see my post?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Assure Isaac Newton in Elysium first - 8 Caravans

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • B. Assure Magellan in RC first - 8 Caravans

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • B. Assure Marco Polo in RC first - 4 Caravans

• Second choice is based upon AI activity (R)

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • C. Second choice is Magellan

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • C. Second choice is Marco Polo

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • D. RC Silk Delivery to Dehli Demand or either city as amended? (R)

Votes: 10 100.0%
  • D. No RC Silk for $400, but what other choice is there?

• But if there is no Demand, back off and do not deliver! (R)

Votes: 8 80.0%
  • E. Deliver Vans from Elysium and RC to India, Max $gold & beakers. (R)

• E. We can deliver other Caravans, earning one fifth as $much is fine.

• F. Maintain flow of demanded foreign caravans, and build wonders? (R)

• F. Don't bother to maintain flow of foreign caravans, build wonders?

• The Foreign Caravans vs Wonders is more complicated, see my post.

• Nemo, I'm glad we couldn't get rid of you so easily!

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Civ1, that Republic poll was exactly what we needed!

Votes: 6 60.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GaryNemo

Settler from None
The Max Science% seems to be working. 50 of our 148 beakers come from Elysium, 30 from REGIA CIVITAS. We've built Leonardo now, so what next? Marco Polo? Magellan?   Elysium Isaac Newton? We assume we can choose Theory of Gravity, and need 10 turns before Elysium University is completed anyway.

Surely deliver the RC Silk to India. Surely the MD Salt to Elysium demand. Shall we deliver the CJ and/or LC Caravans to India, or rather rehome in REGIA CIVITAS first? Or of course, draft them into the construction of some wonder.
Civvium Silver: Deliver into RC? Rehome in RC for delivery to India? Deliver direct to India?
Btw, we have Wine near RC, we could rehome and deliver to Lahore. We also have TFalls Gold, 9 Caravans all together.

These items have been discussed in Turn 860AD, also the resurrected Strategy of Productivity thread.

Vote for ONE of each letter. This poll is open 4 days thru Sunday, Jayne may play early Monday.

Can we have some armies please?

I voted for Magellan for second choice, but looking at it further I think it should be Shakespeare's in LC. Medicine in 2nd on the current list of research goals. We could have it in 9 turns, maybe 3 if Theory of Gravity isn't offered next.

I agree with U, Jayne ; it could be interesting to wait for Shakespeare in LC...

Armies. We have a Crusader in Viborg, another shipping up there, a None guarding Routskilde, another in BB awaiting ship. Perhaps recall the empty Udal Caravel. All concentrated in Viking land. Only two problems. We are at peace, and Hladir blocks the path to Trondheim.

We are going to fortify some ground units in India, right?

Looking at this vote, let's ship only the RC Silk and Dellham Archer to India. All other Caravans return to Little Nemo or nearby. Civvium Silver, I am torn.

I do not understand why we'd build Shakespeare in LC, when it could serve Elysium so well?

GaryNemo wrote: I do not understand why we'd build Shakespeare in LC, when it could serve Elysium so well?

I thought LC was our SMC. If we're churning out units there, then we don't need to waste turns sending them to Elysium to rehome

If not rehomed, we will waste production shields supporting units. The units need to travel somewhere, and there can be cities along the way to take over support.
In Elysium, on the other hand, we can have a HUGE, Celebrating city generating Science. TFalls Barracks is a possibility, and it could rehome the units it builds in Elysium.
LC is building Caravans very nicely now -- if it had a Barracks the units could be rehomed throughout Chryshe. I rather like the one AI Barracks in Uppsala, right where we need it. We need cities to rehome units, V3 (W W of Upps) and V4 (Forest NE of Iron), then V5 somewhere NE of Viborg.

Top Bottom