Isabella

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by gusten, Nov 29, 2005.

1. gusten

gusten Chieftain

Something is wrong with my copy of Civ4. I always have Isabella in my game and she is always sneak attack me with her conquistador deleted :mad:

Now I lost three citys. She had ships invading me from the otherside of my peninsula. Away from her...

Now she done it again...

Hmmmm, why is she always mad at me?? I got my deleted whiped by a girl :goodjob:

Moderator Action: Watch the language.
    Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

2. Artagel

Artagel Chieftain

Ah yes. Isabella seems to be the most infamous of AI opponents.

She is very staunch on religion.. if you don't have hers... well.. you are going to fight her sooner or later.

Best to be prepared.

3. Tad

Tad Chieftain

she sure if fun to play though! my most successful game thusfar without a doubt was when i was playing spain.

4. blueatheart

blueatheart Chieftain

In my current game, I had to start the war with her, although we had the same religion. I tried for a long time to let her declare war, and finally just took one of her cities.

Perhaps it's because I'm only playing on the third difficulty level (trying to get used to the tech tree mostly, develop different strategies of research)?

5. henrycccc

henrycccc Warlord

6. UnitQ

UnitQ #1 Unit

Ha Ha, i could relate to all of you. In all my games i always had bad blood with that h**. She maybe fine but she is a pane in the neck.

I remember one game of mine, we were all friendly and was tradeing alot of good reasources. Then out of nowere her stupid conquistador come galluping into my empire and start atticking my borderd city. what the deleted .I tell you she has some seriouse problems in keeping here troops in here own empire.

7. Chieftess

Chieftess Moderator Retired Moderator

8. Tatran

Tatran Deity

Let's see if it's true about Isabella.
    The current situation (also see picture) :
    Although the settings were continents,but it looks like
    everyone is at the same landmass and Isabella's empire is
    in the North West.From the first meeting she's annoyed,but
    still no demands and/or wars,except I killed Gandhi and Huayna Capac.
    (I hate to protect 2 or more fronts and Gandhi already adopted 2 other
    religions,so it was a good reason to get rid of him.)
    She's also annoyed with Alexander and Buddism rules,so she's isolated.

9. calyth

calyth /bin/sh of a man

Well she seems to be into the holy war thing. I don't have an accurate test of her behaviour if we share the same religion yet, but I've given up to be civil with her as one of the AIs.

10. Wodan

Wodan Deity

I've found Isabella to be quite friendly if you're the same religion.

Wodan

11. gusten

gusten Chieftain

Since my mothertounge is Swedish I really didn't know that "B@$t@RD" was considered a bad word. It's so funny that some people can find that offensive. Is there a internet site where you can get a rating how bad the word is? Maybe, the next time I want to write something here I can test the word on that site....

12. henrycccc

henrycccc Warlord

In real life isabella was one of the most reigiously intolerant ruler of all time. I think in the dialouge you should have the option to slap her.

13. Panda

Panda Metal head

Isabella's behaviour is modelled on her real life character. Anybody not sharing her religion needs, in her opinion, be burnt on a stake.

It adds flavour to the game :D

14. calyth

calyth /bin/sh of a man

In one game, the flavour was my burning city because the PRNG decided that even with stronger units at full health, Spanish troops still end up whooping my troops.
    Needless to say I was frustrated enough to not play that particular game.

15. EarlyACE

EarlyACE Chieftain

I think its cool how they modeled the leader personalities as their actual historical counterparts. I.E. Togukuwa is very isolationist, Cyrus is very friendly, Alexander is easy to anger, etc....

16. march15

march15 Chieftain

Me and my Russian empire are on a quest to see her burn on a stake atm.After she declared war on me simply (as far as i can tell) because I founded a city too close to her borders. I found the city so I can get myself some bronze (for trading purposes as I'd already got access to iron) and the next turn she declares war on me! Great. So I wrote my lil story about it :p

17. Tatran

Tatran Deity

Well,my game is over and there was no war between me and Isabella,
    although she was at least annoyed and a short period furious with me.
    On the other hand Alexander was pleased,but declared war on me.

18. Don Uittone

Don Uittone Chieftain

Oh yes, everybody hates Isabella (new TV-sitcom anyone?). Luckily I managed to get rid of her after putting a three-way alliance together against her. The bad thing was that she had attacked me four times already and as I was trying to head for cultural victory she frocked up my plans pretty well and cost me the victory. Luckily I had the chance to see her head on a pole after she had threatened to do the same to me many times...heh heh.

19. skadistic

skadistic Caomhanach

I.m in a game thats me and the girls.And was right next to Spain. Having heard tales of her trechory Isabella didn't las long. now if i can get Catherine to sign permanent aly pact we can rrule the world together then kill her off and be the last man standing

20. Mighty Grum

Mighty Grum Chieftain

I'm pretty sure you can't declare war on someone with whom you have a permanent alliance.