ISDG 2012 - Server Announcements, Connection Issues and Questions

Caledorn

Emperor
Game Server: caledorn.no-ip.org (or 87.252.66.245) (Default port 2056)
Civstats: http://www.civstats.com/viewgame.php?gameid=2416
PlayYourTurn: http://www.playyourturn.com/?page_id=17&gameID=340 (Discontinued as PyT seems to be down)

APTMod: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/6355677/WebMod1_0.rar
APTMod Website: http://www.aptmod.com

----------
Please remember to use Exit to Main Menu from inside the game, and not Exit to Desktop to avoid potential problems with logins
----------

This thread is a dedicated thread for me as the host, and the players of the ISDG, related to any server announcements or connectivity issues. I will make any announcement in regards to a temporary server takedown due to updates, weather, or whatnot in this thread.

Also, I would prefer if the turnplayers post in this thread if there is any issue with connecting to the server. I will have this thread subscribed, so I will receive a notification within 15 minutes of a post in this thread on my Android phone. (Obviously, if I am asleep, I will not respond until I wake up - go figure)

It would probably be a good idea for the turn players of the various teams to also subscribe to this thread, or at least check in here for any announcements from me if they are unable to connect to the game. If the server is unreachable, and there is no announcement here, then please post in this thread so I am made aware that there is an issue I need to resolve.

Please leave anything unrelated to the connectivity/hosting out of this thread to keep the thread clean. Thank you. :)

Regarding Civstats

As far as I can tell Civstats does not support unrestricted leaders. To get the colors correct on Civstats I chose to use the nations and not the leaders on the Civstats page. The leader name is as such obviously wrong. I hope everyone is okay with this. :)

I have registered at no-ip.org to make it easier for people to remember my connection info. So, you have the option of using the IP of course - or you can use this address instead:

caledorn.no-ip.org

(In the case that my ip should change, which is unlikely based on the fact that it hasn't changed from my ISP for the last 3 years, my router will automatically tell no-ip.org that the ip has changed)

Edited a small tidbit about Civstats into the original post.

Hi, is there anywhere that non players can view one of the starts and follow a team?

Caledorn
the games shows Disconected. Its the game stoped or the aptmod client down?

Caledorn
the games shows Disconected. Its the game stoped or the aptmod client down?

Both are running here .. Where can you see the online status of the game on the aptmod site?

I have added PlayYourTurn in addition to Civstats to the top URL for those who prefer that :) Unrestricted leaders function correctly there too.

Edit: Not sure why the score is registered as 0 on PYT. Also, for those who want to register their leaders there, the Passwords are the same as on the Civstats page.

Hi, is there anywhere that non players can view one of the starts and follow a team?

The only way to do this would be to apply to one of the teams as a lurker. :)

Some of you may have received new emails from the APTMod now, or may receive some soon. This does not affect the game in any way, but I am working together with the APTMod team to figure out why the mod disconnects from the website. There is a problem with it, and we're not sure what it is. It does not affect the game in any way for now though, so please just ignore those emails.

The game has been reloaded from turn 0 - the Civs have to be reclaimed

The game has been reloaded from turn 0 - the Civs have to be reclaimed
By the way, just checking that you know it's possible to reload from the last logins of various players. Just mentioning this because if the mistake only happened recently, it's not necessary to reload to the very start of the game - you can reload partway through the turn, before the mistake but after some of the other turns were played. :)

Anyway, not so important now as long as people play quickly (easy to repeat moves)... just worth keeping in mind for the future, if you didn't know about it already.

By the way, just checking that you know it's possible to reload from the last logins of various players. Just mentioning this because if the mistake only happened recently, it's not necessary to reload to the very start of the game - you can reload partway through the turn, before the mistake but after some of the other turns were played. :)

Anyway, not so important now as long as people play quickly (easy to repeat moves)... just worth keeping in mind for the future, if you didn't know about it already.

*smiles* Yes, I do know. But several logins by the various teams, in addition to the mistake happening two days ago, makes it difficult to find the correct savegame in this case, so it was easier to do it this way rather than ask the teams to log in to see if the correct save was loaded. As you say, it is easy to repeat moves, and I expect all the teams want the game to progress as quick as possible. :)

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Many if not all will already know this, but just in case we have someone who does not:

For future reference, if you suspect that your team will need a reload from your autosave, do not login again with the same player name. Doing so overwrites the necessary save.

Also for future reference, as someone who has hosted and admin'd several of these I can say it makes a huge difference if a request states a time stamp of the login to reload from.

Please be adviced that because of my mishap I had to reload the game. It has been reloaded to the state it was in before I logged in with the admin password.

Again, I apologize very much for this.

No apologize needed, this pitboss wouldnt have started without all the help you and many other guys are giving. Thank you guys.

apologize nothing , you owe us a beer!! :beer:
No apologize needed, this pitboss wouldnt have started without all the help you and many other guys are giving. Thank you guys.

To both of you, and all the rest of the players: You guys are great! I am honoured to be able to host this game for all of us! Thank you again :)

Top Bottom