ISDG - General Info Center

Ankka

Deity
Welcome to the C3C ISDG's General Info Center for Term 6! :)

Thorough guide on how the ISDG works.

Officials:

Consul of Internal Affairs(aka the King):

Emp. Napoleon

Official turnplayer:

Rik Meleet

Consul of Military Affairs:

rcoutme

Consul of Foreign Affairs:

Matrix

Ambassadors:

To Civ3Brazil: magnusmarcus

To CivDuelZone: Provolution

Justice of the Court:

Cheetah

Governors:

Province of Tikal: Provolution

Province of Equestria: Donovan Zoi

Province of Ferrania: Yndy

Save game info:

The UN forum.
Here the teams announce when they send the save. It is also the forum for discussions about the game that concerns all teams. The Designated Player MUST post here when he/she passes on the save.

Where the email is sent to us: msdg@civfanatics.net

Password when playing the game is: confidential, not distributed here. :p

Where the save should be sent to C3B: jdd@civ3.com.br

Also send the save to the admins: idg-admin@cdgroup.org

Send the save we get from CGN to the people on this list:

cheetahx@online.no
deshelbr@yahoo.com
emperornapoloen@netscape.net
dshack@comcast.net
TitanicWhiz18@comcast.net
flcn309@netscape.net
dhkull@gmail.com
civ3@straland.com
simman1983@comcast.net
akots@mail.ru
gert-janl@wanadoo.nl
witpaard@zonnet.nl
Hendoo1175@yahoo.com
lkuningas@yahoo.co.uk
classical@westnet.com.au
djmchygro@netscape.net
protocogni@yahoo.no
Rcoutme@hotmail.com
LogicSequence@aol.com
unr@vl.videotron.ca
ale.of.ginger AT gmail DOT com (address link removed because spam paranoia ;))

Notice by admins of the game:

Citizens are reminded to not play the save game unless authorized to do so during an official turn chat. You may download the save and load the game to explore potential trade deals, devise strategies, etc., but playing the save is forbidden. Additionally, when loading the save, it is imperative that you do so from the main menu. Loading the save from within another game is considered an exploit and may result in severe penalties for our team. Refer to the Constitution for details.

The Rules of the Game

IRC- Channel Info:

We have an IRC channel for discussing the C3C ISDG. It isn't very active, and MSN is nowadays preferred by the officials. So this info is really not useful... but would be too much work to delete it and then find out we need it. (= I'm lazy ;))

Network: irc-chat.net
Channel: #demogame_cfc_isdg
Password: onlyforus

Operators:
None at the moment... Channel registration was lost

How to join:

If you are using a normal IRC client like mIRC, first join the irc-chat IRC-network.

In mIRC you can connect to the network by writing in the editbox (where you usually write):
/server -m irc.irc-chat.net
(The "-m" option makes a new server window.)

When you are in, type:
/join #demogame_cfc_isdg startthegame

Other IRC Channels:
#demogame_cfc_embassy3 (for chats with Civ 3 Brazil, ask password in #demogame_cfc_isdg if needed)
#civfanatics (the main Civfanatics channel. Go there and hang out :))

If you have any questions, just ask. :)

Since there is no law to govern who is playing the save, I decided to post here the order of players if something happens to me:

Current Deputy appointment:
Matrix
Matrix plays the save if I'm unable to do so and notify of my absence. This might amount to 20 hours after the save has arrived into the mailbox.

If Matrix also disappears, then Hygro gets the chance to play the save which amounts to total of 24+20 hours = 44 hours after the save has arrived to the mailbox.

A required procedure would be posting at the UN forum that we are holding the save. The note regarding this can be posted by Matrix, Hygro, or Ankka, or other citizens.

Here is the time frame of how I see it should work:

0-20 hours: CoIA (akots) should play the save and post in UN. If he is unable to do so, he should the notify the Deputy and citizens as well as post in UN that the save is being delayed. If he is unable to do so:

20-44 hours: CoIA Deputy (Matrix) should play the save and post in UN. If he is unable to do so, he should notify the following designated person (Hygro) and citizens as well as post in UN that the save is being delayed. If he is unable to do so:

At 20 hours: Somebody should post a note at UN that the save is being delayed at least by 24 hours.
After 44 hours: Hygro should play the save and post in UN. If he is unable to do so, he should notify the citizens. This is a really bad situation and should not occurr IMHO. Somebody can play the save in this case, may be other elected officials.

Since there is a rising concern of citizens about making the decision, I'm posting my contacts here so that anyone can use them to dial me up.

MSN - akots at hotmail.com
Yahoo - akots at sbcglobal.net
ICQ - 313715956

irc - we can use demogame chat room

I would suggest the same for other government officials.

I would like to remind the citizens who are receiving the save game file by e-mail that the file is strictly confidential and cannot be shared with anyone else. Especially considering that we would have a new password to the file. The password above is still valid for the saves up to current turn 105 but starting from turn 106 the password will be different and probably not posted in this thread but distributed according to the save file mailing list.

There will be soon other security measures implemented and apparently a global change in the citizen registration policy with possible re-registration of all citizens.

Top Bottom