1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

ISIS's Plan for World Domination: Use Victoria II

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Midnight-Blue766, Jun 1, 2014.

1. Traitorfish

Traitorfish The Tighnahulish Kid

Given Classical Hero's resolute enthusiasm for Israel, I wonder what he makes of the Irgun's practice of carrying out attacks on both British and Palestinian civilians? Noting, mind you, that the Irgun remain a political force in Israel today through their successor, the Likud Party, who currently hold the Israel prime ministry.

It's difficult to think of a conflict in which the United Kingdom has worn the white hat. If the Second World War doesn't cut it- and let's be honest, it doesn't- then nothing does.

2. Kyriakos

Kyriakos Alien spiral maker

Helping Denmark recycle its fleet, in the Napoleonic era? :mischief:

3. classical_hero

classical_hero In whom I trust

One question is it right to call them civilians when they are part of the war effort?

4. LoneRebel

LoneRebel Emperor

The Russian ultranationalists must be extremely strong there indeed if they make the ones over here look tame by comparison.

5. Old Hippy

Old Hippy Deity

thats a tough one, are all civilians supporting the war effort, and how do you tell them apart, my guess is you call civilians, well, civilians or one could take Bin ladins approach and say they are supporting the enemy...

I think Churchill made the right choice, but lets be clear that we know what that choice was...

6. Borachio

Borachio Way past lunacy

It's a total war question. Presumably, then, you grant Al Qaeda has the right to view all civilians as fair targets, since it sees people working in the WTC as actively participating in a crusade.

I, myself, oppose the killing of all human beings, regardless of their supposed status of military, civilian, or terrorist.

I realize this is an unpopular view to have. But it does have the benefit of consistency. And it's also quite simple. Which is a major reason for me to espouse it.

7. LoneRebel

LoneRebel Emperor

You oppose the killing of all human beings? Does this include those who are about to kill you?

8. Borachio

Borachio Way past lunacy

Yes. That's right. But of course.

9. Traitorfish

ISIS appear not to think so. Are to we take it that you agree?

10. Tahuti

Tahuti Writing Deity

No offence intended towards Classical Hero, but do you really think he really knows what the Irgun is?

That aside, quite a few left-wingers of the likes that now cheer for Israel's far-left enemies would have loved Irgun's twin brother Lehi if they had lived in the 1930s and 1940s. So there is a kind of pattern to be seen here: Left-wingers like Third Positionist groups (formerly the Zionist Lehi and Irgun, now Hamas and the PLO) against the established order (the British, now Israel) who are Apartheid/Nazi-Germany/USSR reincarnate.

11. Borachio

Borachio Way past lunacy

A misprint for Injun?

12. Kyriakos

Kyriakos Alien spiral maker

^

Australia
    Irgun

Irukandji

:dir

C:Irukandji/Jellyfish

13. Traitorfish

See, you say that, but there were actually left-wingers around in the '30s and '40s- Left-wingers, during the Spanish Civil War? Bonkers, but true!- and they generally regarded Lehi as fascists, on account of Lehi being fascists. Leftists generally supported the Palestine Communist Party, which held the local Soviet franchise.

The romance for Third Position groups only really comes in the '70s under the Maoist influence. Before then, the line was always support for the local franchise of whatever International you called home, and while that may have involved support for some local fascistoid strongman- Bolshevik support for Ataturk and Chiang is a notorious example- it was always hedge in Marxist partyism, rather than the outright philofascism exhibited by the more naive sections of the New Left.

14. Tahuti

Tahuti Writing Deity

Lehi was fascist, though it was also anti-imperialist. It was basically a Zionist version of the FLN. Besides, I always thought Left-winger had little reason to like anyone but the Zionists anyway given that the Arabs were dominated by landowners (as you noted) and the British being British. Also, the Palestine Communist Party was dominated by Jews despite its formal Anti-Zionist position, so it suffered from a rupture among ethnic lines. The Arab parts were later to become the PFLP.

15. labrynianrebel

labrynianrebel Warlord

I too would be scared of the Qing Chinese Empire.

16. manofaxion

manofaxion Chieftain

I guess this guy mistook the west part of Tibet as Xinjiang: what was he going to do with a land with no muslim at all?

17. Domen

Domen Misico dux Vandalorum

How's the plan?

18. Tolina

Tolina trust the pillars with your s e c r e t s

They apparently decided to change their plans and liberate Chechnya.

19. bhsup

bhsup Deity