Iska's Reign of Heritage

Jiska

Warlord
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1430590312

Adds a Religious Ideology and Victory, and new Religions, Beliefs, Units, Buildings, and Game Mechanics.

-New Pantheon System
G&K / BNW Pantheon Beliefs removed. When you first found a Pantheon, choose a Major Deity Belief that grants large Faith bonuses from a specific terrain, feature, resource, etc. Before founding a Religion and while still in the Ancient or Classical Era, you can choose up to 3 additional Minor Deity and Ritual Beliefs at an increasing Faith cost. Minor Deity Beliefs are similar to Major Deity Beliefs, but provide less Faith or other yields. Ritual Beliefs provide other types of non-Faith bonuses or unlock Pantheon exclusive Buildings. Palaces grants 3 Faith instead of 1 to speed up initial Pantheon Belief acquisition. Pantheon initial cost no longer increases whenever a player founds a Pantheon.

-Holy Wars
Whenever a Civilization that controls the Holy City of its Capital's majority Religion declares war against another Civilization that controls the Holy City of its Capital's majority Religion, a Holy War is declared and all Civilizations with Religious majorities of either Religion in their capitals will follow their Religious Authorities into war as long as they aren't breaking Declarations of Friendship. Civilizations entering Holy Wars are granted Holy Warrior Units in Cities with 5 or more Citizens, and gain Faith on killing Units of the enemy Religion for the duration of the war and for capturing the enemy's Holy City. Civilizations that have adopted the Secularism Social Policy cannot engage in Holy Wars.

-Schisms and Reformations
Whenever a Civilization with a Religious majority in its capital declares war on the Civilization that founded that Religion, if the agressor's Capital generates more Faith or Pressure than the defender's, a Schism occurs and the agressor Civilization founds a new Schism Religion in its capital with identical Beliefs to its origin Religion. If a Civilization has adopted the Reformation Social Policy, has not founded a Religion, and controls the Holy City but of their capital's majority Religion, then that Civilization becomes the Reformation Founder of that Religion and they alone will benefit from its Founder Beliefs.

-Heritage and Religious Victory
Adds a new Ideology, Heritage, that benefits Civilizations that have founded Religions. Heritage Policies primarily benefit your Military, Happiness, Culture, and Faith. The Heritage Ideology's preferred victory types are Religious, Military, and Cultural. Adds a new Victory type, Religious: simultaeneously have at least 70% of the cities on the map following your Religion, convince a mapsize-specific amount of the global population to adopt your Religion and spread your Religion to competing Holy Cities to win a Religious Victory!

Included mods:
-Historical Religions Edit by Tomatekh
-Fundamentalism Ideology by Tokata (Relocalized and heavily edited with DLL code for ideology selection and tooltip generation, really more of an inspiration)
-Extra Victory Conditions by Stephen (Just the Religious Victory)
Additional Art: zwei833, Last Sword, DJSHenninger, Mk Z, Sukritact, Janboruta

Compatible with any mod that adds Religions.

Incompatible with EUI. Incompatible with any mod that alters any of the following files: AdvancedSetup.lua, ChooseIdeologyPopup.lua, ChooseIdeologyPopup.xml, EndGameMenu.lua, ReligionOverview.lua, ReligionOverview.xml, SocialPolicyPopup.lua, VictoryProgress.lua, VictoryProgress.xml, CvGameCore_Expansion2.dll.

Hi. Great Mod ! I was just playing a game with it, now i can't load it anymore, as the mod disappeared from steam workshop. Any other place to download it, or any idea to solve this issue ? Thanks in advance !

Yeah sorry took it down in a fit of pique. It's currently in the process of being updated, I removed the Historical Religions incorporation because my Sects subcomponent looked like wayyy to much effort to finish, so no point incorporating someone else's mod if I'm not going to use it. Updated the Holy Wars code and UI, made them Policy dependent, and fixed bugs involving unit animations and purchasability. Made some balance tweaks to my Beliefs, and made an effort and added some code so that AI picks optimal beliefs based on close resources, and won't pick beliefs that it can't use. Removed Faith from the Palace for balance, and moved Shrine from Pottery to Agriculture. Lots of change to Heritage Policies, and I've been struggling with git for the last couple of weeks in order to make the CP (and it seems like I've finally succeeded, so the next version of the CP will be) compatible with my DLL changes, so you'll be able to play with the CP and other mods that require it instead of just my DLL. I still have work on compatibility for CBO / EUI (idk about EUI, might be to much hassle and I don't actually use it) but that shouldn't be too much work. JFDLC is apparently six months away from being updated and also no doubt six months obsolete when compared to the private version, so I might just wait for Christymas to work on JFDLC compatibility.

I intend to re-release this when my other, larger, currently-unfinished mod, World at War, is somewhat presentable. But yeah, you know, sometimes you fall into periods of dark thought despite living in the first world and having everything handed to you on a silver platter and a bunch of genetic advantages and you don't want to do anything but slip into the sweet bliss of narcotics and physical exertion. So that'll happen when it happens and until then there's nothing I can do but kinda hope that I feel inclined to do it.

Anyway, thanks for your kind words. Hope I didn't break your save.

Hi. Great Mod ! I was just playing a game with it, now i can't load it anymore, as the mod disappeared from steam workshop. Any other place to download it, or any idea to solve this issue ? Thanks in advance !
mine also, but i really2 need this work, COZ I LOVE IT......... XD XD XD, still waiting for the fix :p

What a pity. Your Empire Ascendent on Steam is an amazing mod. I found it last week and was loving it, even with the odd glitch. I found it allowed compatibility with many other mods I use. I preferred it to the Rise to Power mod, which is also amazing. Please can you re-upload it to Steam as I am more than happy to play it in it's current state. Your modding skills are great, keep it up.

Top Bottom