1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Islam founded before Christianity?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Realism Invictus' started by Mr.WorldWide, Nov 12, 2012.

1. Mr.WorldWide

Mr.WorldWide Smugly Inferior

Hello one and all,
    I have been playing Realism Invictus the last couple of weeks and it is by far my favorite mod out there for Civ4.

However, I got to wondering why the Great Prophets discover the Islam founding tech before the Christianity founding tech. As a matter of fact Christianity if the last religion founded using great people. Given that you have done such a wonderful job of historical accuracy in all other areas of the game I am wondering if this was simply an oversight or done to balance the game.

Either way it's a fantastic mod and I'll be playing it for months/years to come. :goodjob:

2. Walter Hawkwood

Walter Hawkwood RI Court Painter

During normal gameplay, Islam will always be founded later than Christianity, more often than not by a big margin. But historically, truth be told, there were very few reasons why Islam should have been founded later than Christianity. And from gameplay PoV Islam founded at historical date has very little chances of spreading historically.