Islamic TV Founder Beheads Wife

LordRahl

The Objectivist
Founder of Islamic TV station accused of beheading wife

Spoiler :
NEW YORK (CNN) -- The founder of an Islamic television station in upstate New York aimed at countering Muslim stereotypes has confessed to beheading his wife, authorities said.
Muzzammil Hassan has been charged with murder in the death of his wife, Aasiya Hassan.

Muzzammil Hassan has been charged with murder in the death of his wife, Aasiya Hassan.

Muzzammil Hassan was charged with second-degree murder after police found the decapitated body of his wife, Aasiya Hassan, at the Bridges TV station in the Buffalo suburb of Orchard Park, said Andrew Benz, Orchard Park's police chief.

Hassan was arrested Thursday.

His wife filed for divorce January 6, and police had responded to several domestic violence calls at the couple's home, Benz said.

Hassan went directly to the police station after his wife's death and confessed to killing her, Benz told CNN. Benz declined to give further details.

Attempts to reach an attorney for Hassan were unsuccessful, and his family didn't return calls from CNN.

He had two children, 4 and 6, with his wife. He had two other children, 17 and 18, from his previous marriage.

He launched Bridges TV, billed as the first English-language cable channel targeting Muslims inside the United States, in 2004. At the time, Hassan said he hoped the network would balance negative portrayals of Muslims following the attacks of September 11, 2001.

The station's staff is "deeply shocked and saddened by the murder of Aasiya Hassan and the subsequent arrest of Muzzammil Hassan," a statement from Bridges TV said.

"Our deepest condolences and prayers go out to the families of the victim," the statement said.

I'm pretty sure, if you look up 'irony' in the dictionary, this story comes up. On the brighter note - the divorce rate seems to be much lower in Islamic countries - there's your silver lining, I guess...

Well it is ironic and makes better headlines than "man murders wife" but that just about sums up the story.

And I got 2 points infraction for saying that beheading appears to be a Muslim hobby these days. And I was joking back then.

I'd lock him in a cell with Muhammad cartoons on the walls and feed him with pork for the rest of his miserable life. Death wouldn't be the right punishment for someone who believes that beheading women will get him a place in heaven...

But wait - we must respect his religion and its insane inhuman practices since we don't want to be labelled as racists, right? Free the man, otherwise it will be an insult to the religion of peace! :lol:

And I got 2 points infraction for saying that beheading appears to be a Muslim hobby these days. And I was joking back then.

I'd lock him in a cell with Muhammad cartoons on the walls and feed him with pork for the rest of his miserable life. Death wouldn't be the right punishment for someone who believes that beheading women will get him a place in heaven...

This has nothing to do with him being Muslim. It is just a run of the mill domestic murder, carried out in a rather gruesome and unconventional manner.

How about we just treat him as we'd treat any other gory murderer?

I think he's doing something wrong here.

This has nothing to do with him being Muslim. It is just a run of the mill domestic murder, carried out in a rather gruesome and unconventional manner.

Yeah, and the fact that Sun rises up in the East has nothing to do with the direction of Earth's rotation - it's just a coincidence :p

Beheading is obviously popular in Islam - just type "behading"+"Islam" in Google and see for yourself.

Did you know that beheading is a hundred percent consistent with the sacred teachings of the holy book of Quran? All you need to do is to read the Quran in any version and in any language you would like. Let me help you with both English and Arabic if you wish.

1- Book of Al-Maeda, verse 33 (5:33) -“The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and His Messenger, and strive with might and main for mischief through the land is: execution, or crucifixion, or the cutting off of hands and feet from opposite sides, or exile from the land: that is their disgrace in this world, and a heavy punishment is theirs in the Hereafter;”

How would you execute a person in 7th. Century Arabia, where sword and axe were the only executing weapons of the time? How about beheading, preceding with the holy statement, (In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful)?

2- Book of Al-Anfal, verse 12 ( 8:12) - “I (Allah) will instill terror into the hearts of the unbelievers: smite ye above their necks and smite all their finger-tips off.”

3- Book of Muhammad, verse 4 (47:4) - “Therefore, when ye meet the Unbelievers (in fight), strike off their heads; at length; then when you have made wide Slaughter among them, carefully tie up the remaining captives”: thereafter (is the time for) either generosity or ransom: Until the war lays down its burdens.”

Religion of peace indeed :lol:

So it would be more American of him to shoot his wife instead is what you are saying. Maybe we need a poll about which method of killing your spouse is more acceptable to various different sections of society.

So it would be more American of him to shoot his wife instead is what you are saying. Maybe we need a poll about which method of killing your spouse is more acceptable to various different sections of society.
Nah, it'd be more Czech of him. :D

But yeah: what makes beheading so much worse? Is it because you've got more separate body parts than usual to deal with?

I know Winner is Czech, it's just the murder was in NYC.

Beheading is more hardcore than shooting anyway it takes alot of nerve and you can't claim "the knife/sword just slipped" like you could say of a gun going off accidently.

So what passage of the Quaran prescribes beheading your wife for insolence? My wife is getting rather annoying lately, refusing to make me a sandwich and all, do you think the Quaran will allow me to behead her?

So what passage of the Quaran prescribes beheading your wife for insolence? My wife is getting rather annoying lately, refusing to make me a sandwich and all, do you think the Quaran will allow me to behead her?

I don't think the Quaran looks kindly on your BLTs

Top Bottom