1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Isolated Island start?

Discussion in 'CivBE - General Discussions' started by rlsuth, Apr 17, 2016.

1. rlsuth

rlsuth Chieftain

Did a search but didn't find an answer to this: Is there a way to force an isolated, island start? I tried Archipelago and Tint Islands but never got what I wanted. is there a mod map or mod that might let me force this?

Thanks.

2. Aldor

Aldor King

No way that I know of. Choosing a larger map and less opponents may help. But even then, the AI is quite good at sending its ships around, so you won't stay alone forever. That said, starting alone and isolated may actually be easier on a huge land map with little water.

But why do you want to stay isolated? So you can play higher levels without (too) early aggression?

3. joncnunn

joncnunn Senior Java Wizard Moderator

Not sure why you would want to be completely isolated (as opposed to simply having no AI on your landmass)

Tiny islands on standard map size virtually ensures no AI will start on your starting landmass. In fact it's probably small enough that it's unlikely an independent station will form on it.

4. roadmaster

roadmaster Chieftain

5. HughFran

HughFran Prince