Isolation Event

I think that we can tune all of the possible triggers so that there is a reasonable range of technology that the civs will be in when isolation occurs.
I wouldn't want the event to always occur at the same point in the game, that would reduce replayability. if one time you play it occurs quickly and it is a struggle to survive, and the next time it occurs late and there are large self sufficient empires already it will not feel like you are playing the same game twice.

If you guys think you can do that, by all means go ahead. I just figured this would be rather difficult to do. Some of the triggers you mentioned earlier highly depend on the size of the map you play and thus would be difficult to tune (for example: All civs have made contact with all other civs.).

Since Isolation would occur at a comletely random number of turns after the trigger I don't think this will be the case.

The problem with having a bunch of randon triggers and then randomly chosing which on to use is that we can't design the tech tree knowing the isolation event will highly likely occur when most people are in a peticular era.

Actually, I feel that's not really necessary. If by chance Isolation happens way in the Colonization (2nd) or even in the Expansion (3th) era when quite a bit of the moon is already settled, so be it. All hail to the imaginary political leaders on Earth who managed to steer off the inevitable for so long. ;)
Such a game would be fast paced in the beginning, and isolation would likely not hit that hard but it would hit nevertheless.

What if just a virtual dice was rolled every turn, and when the magic number(s) was/were hit the event happens? And the more magic numbers the more of something that is determined at the start of the game is present ingame?

So: the chance to hit the trigger starts from turn one, and the chances increase with every [something] that is present.

I've been wondering if we want He3 to be the driving force behind colonizing the Moon and if we want to rethink Isolation. Any thoughts, changes, or desires to remain the same?

Did anyone work on python coding the Isolation?

I've been wondering if we want He3 to be the driving force behind colonizing the Moon and if we want to rethink Isolation. Any thoughts, changes, or desires to remain the same?

Well, with the charters in place (scientific,...) we could let that be the determining factor where the factions start. A mining company would start near He³, a scientific outpost could start near weird features and with a sort of lab facility or improvement. Stuff like that.

Did anyone work on python coding the Isolation?

Not that I know of. At least not after Belizan&company.

Well, with the charters in place (scientific,...) we could let that be the determining factor where the factions start. A mining company would start near He³, a scientific outpost could start near weird features and with a sort of lab facility or improvement. Stuff like that.

That would be cool. :thumbsup:

Not that I know of. At least not after Belizan&company.

I guess we really need to figure out how to trigger it.

Maybe an AC like FfH2, but based on other to be determined factors.

An AC (<--??) like FfH2?

Something simple could be the amount of techs researched (researched, not received by trade or bribe). I suppose a python check on how many techs every civ has and using that return (or a divider of this number) as the chance percentage of Isolation to occur would be possible.
We could even give the player an option at startup on the chance probabilities of Isolation happening sooner or later, and link his input with this return number.

I can do the programming for the isolation event when you guys figure out what you want to trigger the event and what all the event does.

An AC (<--??) like FfH2?

Armageddon Counter from Fall from Heaven II. Geesh. :p

Something simple could be the amount of techs researched (researched, not received by trade or bribe). I suppose a python check on how many techs every civ has and using that return (or a divider of this number) as the chance percentage of Isolation to occur would be possible.
We could even give the player an option at startup on the chance probabilities of Isolation happening sooner or later, and link his input with this return number.

It could be that simple, sure. As long as it always doesn't happen at the same time in every game I'm fine with anything.

Top Bottom